By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX be poppin son.

Tmfwang said:
Snoopy said:

Crackdown will probably be the oh shit moment and State of decay 2 should sell decently because the first one sold well. Also the 2:1 were only recently during the slowest time of the year. Xbox scropio should sell well if it is priced well. Also, the best selling games and games people play the most are multiplatform games which you can check vgchartz numbers if you don't believe me. Personally, the reason why I like xbox most has to do with controller, online service, acheivements, and they usally aim at best graphics/performance eventhough they didn't go all out on xbox one.

"They usually aim at best/graphics/performance"

Like, when have the EVER done that? It's starting now with the scorpio, it's not a thing they've done in the past.

OG xbox and 360 had better multiplatform games. They aimed for kinect this generation at begining because the success it had on the 360 so they gimped the hardware. Now Microsoft will probably never be outdone again in graphics because they have the resources (Direct X, Surface team and money) and seen how people really cared about it.

Around the Network
Radek said:
Snoopy said:

OG xbox and 360 had better multiplatform games. They aimed for kinect this generation at begining because the success it had on the 360 so they gimped the hardware. Now Microsoft will probably never be outdone again in graphics because they have the resources (Direct X, Surface team and money) and seen how people really cared about it.

Yes first Xbox was much more powerful, but it didn't help it much to succeed.

360 had a very small edge over PS3 in multiplats, and it was mostly in first 2-3 years anyway.

PS4 had bigger power adventage over Xbox One than 360 had over PS3 and it still does.

Even when Xbox has more power the exclusive games on Playstation always look better and push boundaries more.

The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, soon God Of War, The Last of Us 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Day's Gone etc.

At the very begining of the generation ps3 couldn't even run certain games properly. And as time went by there were still games that were still shit ports on the ps3. RDR, Skyrim or any besetheda game for that matter, bayonetta and the list goes on and on. The only problem Xbox one had was resolution, but the games on xbox is now technically superior since it works with scorpio and all the popular games will get patches and stuff that outdoes ps4/ps4 pro.

Also, Xbox scorpio has plenty of exclusives/multiplatforms to show it off. From the ones that released already Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Quantum Break, to new ones like Crack down 3, Forza 7, State of Decay 2, Sea of theives,ect. Plus knowing Microsoft they will have plenty of new games to show off the power thus the over ninety minute e3 confrence. 

Star wars battle front 2 will be 4k/60 fps on xbox scorpio which is amazing considering how demanding the game because of frost bite engine.

SuperBott said:
Tulipanzo said:
Closing studios, cancelling games, pissing off developer goodwill, I'm sure they are just ready to POP!

Sony has closed Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge, SCE Studio Liverpool, Bigbig Studios and Zipper Interactive in the past few years.

Shh! That clashes with the narrative.

I can't think of a single thing MS has done to a dev I give a shit about that rivals what Sony did to Zipper, LOL. That was almost depressing.

LudicrousSpeed said:
SuperBott said:

Sony has closed Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge, SCE Studio Liverpool, Bigbig Studios and Zipper Interactive in the past few years.

Shh! That clashes with the narrative.

I can't think of a single thing MS has done to a dev I give a shit about that rivals what Sony did to Zipper, LOL. That was almost depressing.

I can guarantee you if Dreams fail, Media Molecule is up next.

Snoopy said:
Radek said:

Yes first Xbox was much more powerful, but it didn't help it much to succeed.

360 had a very small edge over PS3 in multiplats, and it was mostly in first 2-3 years anyway.

PS4 had bigger power adventage over Xbox One than 360 had over PS3 and it still does.

Even when Xbox has more power the exclusive games on Playstation always look better and push boundaries more.

The Last of Us, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4, soon God Of War, The Last of Us 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spiderman, Day's Gone etc.

At the very begining of the generation ps3 couldn't even run certain games properly. And as time went by there were still games that were still shit ports on the ps3. RDR, Skyrim or any besetheda game for that matter, bayonetta and the list goes on and on. The only problem Xbox one had was resolution, but the games on xbox is now technically superior since it works with scorpio and all the popular games will get patches and stuff that outdoes ps4/ps4 pro.

Also, Xbox scorpio has plenty of exclusives/multiplatforms to show it off. From the ones that released already Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Quantum Break, to new ones like Crack down 3, Forza 7, State of Decay 2, Sea of theives,ect. Plus knowing Microsoft they will have plenty of new games to show off the power thus the over ninety minute e3 confrence. 

Star wars battle front 2 will be 4k/60 fps on xbox scorpio which is amazing considering how demanding the game because of frost bite engine.

I agree with snoopy.  

Most Xbox haters essentially complain about exclusives.  No one would disagree that having more of them is a great thing.  The problem seems to come from the fact for the last 3 years before 2017,  most of the reasons to buy the PS4 over the XB1 was that multiplats run better on the PS4.  Now, this last year and a half, because of the large install base of the PS4, lots of indie games come to the PS ecosystem first or only.  Most of them aren't actual exclusives if you ask their developers, just where they launched first to get the biggest bang for their buck.  For those titles, If they never release for the XB1, it is due to the fact that it didn't even sell well enough on the PS4 to warrant it.  Any real successful game that Sony has no financial ties to will come to all gaming platforms.

As far as 1st party exclusives go, Sony has more of them now in the last year or so, but will they 18 months from now?  We don't know for sure, but probably.

If you are going to own 1 console, and the exclusive games on the PS are your cup of tea, get that one.  But, if you are like MOST console owners and a majority of your time is spent on multi-plats, then get a Scorpio.  The Scorpio will clearly have the best version of all multiplats going forward.  The bonus you also get is all of the last three years exclusives and all that come in the future.  Not to mention, if you choose to move on from consoles to PC in the future, all of your console exlusive titles will be in your MS account to use on PC too.  Another added bonus is that if you want the best version of last gens multiplats that you never played or want to play again, the XB1 and Scorpio will have them available through Backwords Compatibility.

This isn't a Xbox or PS type decision that most seem to want to make it out to be.  IF a person wanted the most games to choose from, clearly they would just game on a PC.  So the # of games is really just another reason to justify the unending console war. 

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network
Radek said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft will have around 5 AAA exclusive games this year which is more than good enough and considering the most played games and bought games are multiplatform titles.

Quit the multiplatform talk, people are drawn to either team blue or team green based on exclusive games each offer.

Just read the article...

One of the quotes

"Forza Motorsport 7 will look beautiful in 4K, but it's not going to electrify E3 - not even close. Crackdown is a fan favourite, but it's another backwards glance. Rare's Sea of Thieves, at least, is original and ambitious, but it's easy to detect a lack of confidence in the way it's been shown so far. Where is Xbox's Horizon: Zero Dawn, or Breath of the Wild, or Bloodborne? Where is an exclusive Xbox game that's really going to get our blood pumping going to come from?"

Of course not everyone will share the same opinion, but I think many people choosing between consoles this year will agree.

Sales this year have been brutal for Xbox, even in US where it's being outsold 1:2 thus far.

No they are not unless they are fanboys. And for sure, a good chunk of the 30m people who bought an Xbox One are not agreeing with you looks like

Also, Xbox sales are not "Brutal" like you said.. The PStation Four selling 1:2 does not mean the Xbox is not selling well, esp. if you compare it to previous generation. Sony is doing EXTREMELY well, that's different. Microsoft is doing very well....

You keep coming in every Xbox thread and bitching Microsoft at every opporturnity, maybe you want to spend your time better and see it the other way. Your console of choice is doing super well, focus on that instead of trying to downplay the one you do not like at every possible occasion.

Xbox always poppin son!

#TruePower

xbox sub hype!!!!

Imaginedvl said:
Radek said:

Quit the multiplatform talk, people are drawn to either team blue or team green based on exclusive games each offer.

Just read the article...

One of the quotes

"Forza Motorsport 7 will look beautiful in 4K, but it's not going to electrify E3 - not even close. Crackdown is a fan favourite, but it's another backwards glance. Rare's Sea of Thieves, at least, is original and ambitious, but it's easy to detect a lack of confidence in the way it's been shown so far. Where is Xbox's Horizon: Zero Dawn, or Breath of the Wild, or Bloodborne? Where is an exclusive Xbox game that's really going to get our blood pumping going to come from?"

Of course not everyone will share the same opinion, but I think many people choosing between consoles this year will agree.

Sales this year have been brutal for Xbox, even in US where it's being outsold 1:2 thus far.

No they are not unless they are fanboys. And for sure, a good chunk of the 30m people who bought an Xbox One are not agreeing with you looks like

Also, Xbox sales are not "Brutal" like you said.. The PStation Four selling 1:2 does not mean the Xbox is not selling well, esp. if you compare it to previous generation. Sony is doing EXTREMELY well, that's different. Microsoft is doing very well....

You keep coming in every Xbox thread and bitching Microsoft at every opporturnity, maybe you want to spend your time better and see it the other way. Your console of choice is doing super well, focus on that instead of trying to downplay the one you do not like at every possible occasion.

Well, I dislike Xbox, but I want it to do better to push Sony to do better as well. 7th Gen was a good example of Microsoft pushing Sony, and combining that with the success of the Wii, DS, and PSP, 7th Gen was the most profitable generation yet.

The issue is that exclusives are important. Without a solid reason to buy Xbox One over the other platforms, people just simply won't buy it. Specifications alone aren't enough. If they were, we'd all be on PC.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

gimmie RDR2 in native 4k