By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX be poppin son.

Cool, but I want to see some new IPs aside from Sea of Thieves. This will be the difference of me getting the Scorpio in 2018 vs 2022.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
Radek said:

Quit the multiplatform talk, people are drawn to either team blue or team green based on exclusive games each offer.

Just read the article...

One of the quotes

"Forza Motorsport 7 will look beautiful in 4K, but it's not going to electrify E3 - not even close. Crackdown is a fan favourite, but it's another backwards glance. Rare's Sea of Thieves, at least, is original and ambitious, but it's easy to detect a lack of confidence in the way it's been shown so far. Where is Xbox's Horizon: Zero Dawn, or Breath of the Wild, or Bloodborne? Where is an exclusive Xbox game that's really going to get our blood pumping going to come from?"

Of course not everyone will share the same opinion, but I think many people choosing between consoles this year will agree.

Sales this year have been brutal for Xbox, even in US where it's being outsold 1:2 thus far.

Crackdown will probably be the oh shit moment and State of decay 2 should sell decently because the first one sold well. Also the 2:1 were only recently during the slowest time of the year. Xbox scropio should sell well if it is priced well. Also, the best selling games and games people play the most are multiplatform games which you can check vgchartz numbers if you don't believe me. Personally, the reason why I like xbox most has to do with controller, online service, acheivements, and they usally aim at best graphics/performance eventhough they didn't go all out on xbox one.

"They usually aim at best/graphics/performance"

Like, when have the EVER done that? It's starting now with the scorpio, it's not a thing they've done in the past.

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

So you're saying Xbox is an incestuous pedophile?

Punctuation is important.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

"Where is Xbox's Horizon: Zero Dawn, or Breath of the Wild, or Bloodborne? Where is an exclusive Xbox game that's really going to get our blood pumping going to come from?

I don't know, and I wish I did. The fact is that Xbox has been only halfway committed to first-party game development for years now, and the commissioning it has done has been very risk-averse. That's not a good thing in a creative industry, and the contrast with Sony's first-party publishing - with its willingness to delay and to fail and to pump endless cash into insane vanity projects - is night and day." - Eurogamer.

Brutal but honest.

Tmfwang said:

"They usually aim at best/graphics/performance"

Like, when have the EVER done that? It's starting now with the scorpio, it's not a thing they've done in the past.

Original Xbox was all about performance, they pasted some pc parts togheter developers loved it. The main pitch over the PS2 was better graphics etc

Xbox360 used the most modern AMD graphics card tech and their main pitch originally was power and when the PS3 came out generally most games ran better on X360 and they used that.

XBox One is where it turned but untill the Xbox One, which was ment to be a streaming box and never ment to be a main console like we know, the Xbox was known for making the more powerfull- hardware.

Sony was known to push the newest video formats, DVD then Blue Ray, how the world has changed with UHD

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:

Xbox360 used the most modern AMD graphics card tech and their main pitch originally was power and when the PS3 came out generally most games ran better on X360 and they used that.

The Xbox 360's GPU was a unique beast.
It was built around the solid R500 uArch... But then it adopted some aspects from the RV600 series uArch that wouldn't drop untill a year and a half later.

It was actually fairly forward-thinking when compared to Sony or Nintendo. It was also the first console to have Tessellation which was based on technology the PC had during the PS2 (Think: Year 2001) era.

The Xbox 360 released before the Playstation 3 and it was also cheaper... And Halo 4 proved the 360 could hang with the best Playstation 3 had to offer graphically. (Although I wanted to skewer my eyeballs towards the end of the gen.)
I don't think Microsoft could have picked a better GPU for that console generation to be honest.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

guess it's all about what you are into

but for me, if State of Decay 2 is one of your consoles big games, you ain't doing that great

Closing studios, cancelling games, pissing off developer goodwill, I'm sure they are just ready to POP!

Seriously though, we are talking about a company that closed Lionhead and Press Play when they knew Scorpio was going to be a reality.
I expect more franchises awkwardly converted into games as live-services and little else.

I might have once been interested in the Xbox One as an Xbox 360 owner, but they mishandled Halo, cancelled Fable Legends (which was also slated for PC) and with a general lack of exclusives, I wasn't interested. It's all a bit too late to change direction now.

I thought 90 minutes was normal? Or its usually an hour?

Pocky Lover Boy!