By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

Kerotan said:
So ps4 has won 3 NPD's this year and Switch 2 correct?

Correct. 

Around the Network

And so the battle begins if we look at Amazon the PS4 has a pretty decent shot at winning June as well.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Lawlight said:
Neodegenerate said:

What amazes me is how many people were downplaying the potential of MK8D prior to release with the "its an old game" argument.

People should have known that the game has no competition on the Switch so it would sell well.

Oh, Lawlight. Sure to sweeten a boring day with a joke or two.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

rodea_sky_soldier said:
Well, in june se have Arms and july Splatoon. Switch Will kill everyone soon. See ya!

Not sure about that. For Switch killing everything Nintendo has to produce enough first.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Congrats PS4.

But I hoped Switch would win May.

Shame.

Around the Network

It looks like the previously speculated on issues Nintendo might be having on the manufacturing side are legit. That truly sucks. I'd like to see how well the Switch could do without constraints. Furthermore to this, I would rather get more consoles into the hands of customers instead of another fleet of soulless smartphones.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

The software numbers imply that either Ghost Recons and For Honor are undertracked and/or BOTW is overtracked or that their (GR's and FH's) digital ratio is unheard of.

poklane said:
PS4 > Switch (thanks to ZhugeEX for the info)

I kinda suspect it for May.... but I was split on it.

June Im calling now, 20th day of the month and PS4 has been leading (pretty big lead) all month long, in online stores.

June is another PS4 month.

Slarvax said:
Jranation said:

Then why is Nintendo still expecting over 10million?

Because they plan to ship 10 million. If it sells out completely (like it is doing), they should sell 10 million.

There's always a difference between how much is shipped vs how much is sold at retail.

But but on VG on April ps4 in US is down on half units every week, is close the ps3 numbers, how he wins on May......oh wait wrong numbers, ps4 is now 60,5 m units, so it makes sense to be #1 may