By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2017 NPD Thread! PS4 #1

celador said:
lol, before most people were saying Switch would win every month until at least September, now this result was predictable? ok then

in any case, there probably wasn't much between them, and supply may be an issue, though nowhere near to the extent as it seems to be in Japan. Next month will be close also, PS4 seems to have been boosted a bit by the limited Gold edition console, and I don't think ARMS will push hardware at all

also, Ubisoft seem to be having a real good year so far

If I had a penny for every time this happened, especially here...

Anyway, good to see the ps4 back on top. It deserves the spot at the moment.

Around the Network

I went to a local store in Greece the other day and not only did they have several NS consoles, they had a 30 euro discount. Can't they send some of those to countries that need them? They'd even make a decent profit.

naruball said:
I went to a local store in Greece the other day and not only did they have several NS consoles, they had a 30 euro discount. Can't they send some of those to countries that need them? They'd even make a decent profit.

Greece is Sony land, and  Just now the Gold and silver ps4 slim has arrived,so i see those NS stay on stores long time, is good though, that NS get discound,  Greece taxes is very high

The fact that they're beating Switch with no major releases yet. Shows this gen is basically over as far as who'll win. Switch and x1 will still sell respectable though.

mountaindewslave said:
celador said:
lol, before most people were saying Switch would win every month until at least September, now this result was predictable? ok then

in any case, there probably wasn't much between them, and supply may be an issue, though nowhere near to the extent as it seems to be in Japan. Next month will be close also, PS4 seems to have been boosted a bit by the limited Gold edition console, and I don't think ARMS will push hardware at all

also, Ubisoft seem to be having a real good year so far

you can walk into a store and buy a PS4. you can go online to Amazon and buy a PS4.

you can do neither the majority of the time (online or in person) anywhere in the USA or Japan at the moment for the Switch. I think it's fairly obvious if all things were equal in terms of supply in the marketplace the Switch would clearly be vastly ahead in May

it was obvious, and yet before the result most were 100% sure Switch would win. 

Around the Network
Rem87919394 said:
The fact that they're beating Switch with no major releases yet. Shows this gen is basically over as far as who'll win. Switch and x1 will still sell respectable though.

lol why don't you wait until the holidays to say something like that, if the Switch doesn't beat the PS4 this holiday, I'll be very surprised, it's a new console.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

160rmf said:
DonFerrari said:
And considering Street Fighter position I would say Capcom have their answer on the Switch fanbase wanting their games.

They got the answer they deserve for their effort

And that put SF II high on Switch chart, so that can translate to there being a eager market for Capcom on Switch.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ali_16x said:
Rem87919394 said:

lol why don't you wait until the holidays to say something like that, if the Switch doesn't beat the PS4 this holiday, I'll be very surprised, it's a new console.

Just like Switch was suppose to beat PlayStation this month?

Rem87919394 said:
Ali_16x said:

well if it wasn't for supply constraints, yes, it was.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Rem87919394 said:

well if it wasn't for supply constraints, yes, it was.

so if it doesn't beat PS4 in holiday.. blame it back on Stock issue!!.. This is getting old, i cant believe people are buying manufacturing issue BS.. there is nothing new in Switch that isnt being mass produced already for mobile phones. Unlike GDDR5 in PS4 during launch, still PS4 stock issues where next to none.