By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Myth: Nintendo needs to have big surprises at E3 or they're doomed

Who ever suggested they're doomed lol? As I already mentioned in another thread, Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon, and Monster Hunter all releasing in the same year for Switch. That's already their most AAA robust calendar lineup in years.

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
Got news for the people hoping for 3rd party games. Even if they come to the Switch, they won't sell for crap. Success or failure, 3rd party support or running for the hills, all Nintendo systems have their software charts dominated by Nintendo properties.

Monster Hunter says hi...

They don't need a surprise or a megaton announcement. They just need to keep the games coming. If anybody remembers, both E3 2007 and E3 2008 weren't that great for Nintendo, yet those were the Wii's most successful years.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Yeah, I agree, Nintendo doesn't need.
But I need! Just to fulfill my fanboy desires. XD

Big surprises keeps people interested and wanting the systems.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

How can you imply that this would be a bad thing?

Because I dont like Animal Crossing...

Well you probably don't like them. But I'm sure you know the sales of Animal Crossing New Leaf as well as the demographics of those sales in Japan, right? Those are potential buyers that you can attract to your console. It shows variety in the library. Plus, Animal Crossing is now one of Nintendo's biggest IPs so why ignore that?

Kai_Mao said:
KLXVER said:

Well you probably don't like them. But I'm sure you know the sales of Animal Crossing New Leaf as well as the demographics of those sales in Japan, right? Those are potential buyers that you can attract to your console. It shows variety in the library. Plus, Animal Crossing is now one of Nintendo's biggest IPs so why ignore that?

Im sure Nintendogs and Brain Age would do great as well, but that doesnt mean I care about them. Its fine if Nintendo makes AC, but as a big surprise at E3 seem underwhelming.

KLXVER said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

How can you imply that this would be a bad thing?

Ah, thought you ment in general.

Man, you have bad taste!

Shouldn't this sort of thread be created after E3 or all of the holiday sales? Something has to be tested to say it was a myth or not.....

Well if we talk only about Switch currently, that maybe would be true only if Switch is selling bad so Nintendo would need to give people reason to actually buy Switch, but of course reality is that Switch is selling great and more big and great games are on the way.