By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch has sold more in 3 months than Wii U did in any year.

Man, those Wii U numbers look even worse when listed out like that.

When you look at the break down of how little the Wii U sold year to year compared to other consoles during the same period, that's almost impossible to do in the current videogame market. And when you compare it to the Dreamcast, which was another ill fated and short lived console in recent memory, the DC sold about 60% of what the Wii U managed in just a little over 2 years on the market... meaning the DC which was pretty much dead shortly after its launch in the West actually outpaced the Wii U in sales.

Thank goodness for the Switch, it might not be perfect but it corrected pretty much everything wrong that the Wii U represented with Nintendo.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
zorg1000 said:

some, but many people are still in denial thats its doing well

Sure people are still in denial that ps4 is was the king this last gen. You'll always get people denying everything. Big deal. 

New generations start when Nintendo says so.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

DaveTheMinion13 said:
Hmm I swear Wii U sold 3 million in around. 45-60 days

nope, Wii U sold

1 million in 3 weeks

2 million in 1.5 months

3 million 7 months

4 million in 12 months

Switch sold

1 million in less than 1 week

2 million in less than 1 month

3 million in less than 2 months

4 million in less than 3 months

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Mar1217 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Oh please dont say his name.... he's likely to appear if his name is called 3 times

Lawlight,Lawlight,Lawlight !!!! 

P.S: I want this world to burn into chaos !!

.....now you've done it

curl-6 said:
irstupid said:

Get used to it. The Wii's entire lifetime people did the same. In the beginning they constantly said same as Switch. ARtificial supply constraint. It's not popular, not selling well, ect. 

And then throughout its lifetime it was considered a "fad"

People still today will vehemetely reject considering the Wii a successful console. 

If God forbid the Switch catches up or passes the PS4, people will just say its a handheld and thus doesn't count. If it doesn't, then people will say the PS4 is the better selling system. 

Man, so many excuses back then.

"Wii isn't beating the PS3 cos they are not the same generation."

"Just wait until $299 and Killzone 2, PS3 will crush the Wii."

You mean stuff like this?

No, I do not have a time machine. I am just old

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Man, this just showcases how shit the Wii U's sales were. Fortunately for them that seems to have been an anomaly and not an indication.

What a smashing hit. Who saw that coming? 10 million this year it seems.
Maybe even more.
I think this will wet the 3rd party apetite.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

LipeJJ said:
irstupid said:

Get used to it. The Wii's entire lifetime people did the same. In the beginning they constantly said same as Switch. ARtificial supply constraint. It's not popular, not selling well, ect. 

And then throughout its lifetime it was considered a "fad"

People still today will vehemetely reject considering the Wii a successful console. 

If God forbid the Switch catches up or passes the PS4, people will just say its a handheld and thus doesn't count. If it doesn't, then people will say the PS4 is the better selling system. 

You nailed it... said everything.

Kerotan said:

Sure people are still in denial that ps4 is the king this gen. You'll always get people denying everything. Big deal. 

Nah, I don't think people deny the PS4 is the king compared to Xbox One and Wii U (this gen). It would be foolish to think Xbox One would compete with it at this point, and Wii U is pretty much dead. I don't see how would anyone deny PS4 easily won/is winning 8th gen. .-.

Have you missed all the posts from certain fanbases going "the ps4 has only sold well because the other too done fucked up"?
People crying over others not giving credit where its due should take a look at their own posts or their fanbase's.

monocle_layton said:
Funny how Lawlight now disappears after realizing his Switchdoomed posts were completely false

He's also been banned, so that might also contribute to his silence.

OT: Wow...great news. Hopefully Nintendo keeps the momentum going.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

NightDragon83 said:
Man, those Wii U numbers look even worse when listed out like that.

When you look at the break down of how little the Wii U sold year to year compared to other consoles during the same period, that's almost impossible to do in the current videogame market. And when you compare it to the Dreamcast, which was another ill fated and short lived console in recent memory, the DC sold about 60% of what the Wii U managed in just a little over 2 years on the market... meaning the DC which was pretty much dead shortly after its launch in the West actually outpaced the Wii U in sales.

Thank goodness for the Switch, it might not be perfect but it corrected pretty much everything wrong that the Wii U represented with Nintendo.

I don't think anyone doubted the fact that the Switch is flawed. However, the president wasn't talking smack at all. 

Nintendo has proven they aren't doomed. They are going to reverse the trend of their consoles decreasing in sales