By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch has sold more in 3 months than Wii U did in any year.

Honestly it all comes down to how much Ninth can make at this point. If Apple and the other companies don't take all the parts for themselves and today Ninth announces Pokémon then even 20 million is a possibility year 1

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network
irstupid said:
zorg1000 said:

some, but many people are still in denial thats its doing well

Get used to it. The Wii's entire lifetime people did the same. In the beginning they constantly said same as Switch. ARtificial supply constraint. It's not popular, not selling well, ect. 

And then throughout its lifetime it was considered a "fad"

People still today will vehemetely reject considering the Wii a successful console. 

If God forbid the Switch catches up or passes the PS4, people will just say its a handheld and thus doesn't count. If it doesn't, then people will say the PS4 is the better selling system. 

Great post, totally agree.

naruball said:
LipeJJ said:

You nailed it... said everything.

Nah, I don't think people deny the PS4 is the king compared to Xbox One and Wii U (this gen). It would be foolish to think Xbox One would compete with it at this point, and Wii U is pretty much dead. I don't see how would anyone deny PS4 easily won/is winning 8th gen. .-.

Have you missed all the posts from certain fanbases going "the ps4 has only sold well because the other too done fucked up"? 
People crying over others not giving credit where its due should take a look at their own posts or their fanbase's.

To be fair MS and (espacily) Nintendo did fucked up XB1 and Wii U, while Sony made great job with PS4.

I will be missing boards like this. :D

the switch is awesome!!! go nitty!!!

Wow, Sony really made THAT little profit the 1st 2 years even with a PS2 that was beasting and the newly launched PSP?

Around the Network

Can't wait for the finished pie, with all those cherries Nintendo fans are picking.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PAOerfulone said:

Wow, Sony really made THAT little profit the 1st 2 years even with a PS2 that was beasting and the newly launched PSP?

They probably spent a lot on R&D in 2004/2005.

The thirst is real

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

NS may be just under 5m by the end of June at this rate it might out sell one of its predecessors in its first 12 months.

irstupid said:

Get used to it. The Wii's entire lifetime people did the same. In the beginning they constantly said same as Switch. ARtificial supply constraint. It's not popular, not selling well, ect. 

And then throughout its lifetime it was considered a "fad"

People still today will vehemetely reject considering the Wii a successful console. 

If God forbid the Switch catches up or passes the PS4, people will just say its a handheld and thus doesn't count. If it doesn't, then people will say the PS4 is the better selling system. 

You reminded me of when Gametrailers forums were still up, I was there at the time as well as modding CVG's forum, the latter was fine and pretty civil but the former was like a Jerry Springer style warzone and some of the threads were pure gold I know some members here were members of GT back then. To give you an example the was a thread that popped up early 2017 declaring Mario Galaxy was never going to be GOTY with many users agreeing vehemently then 10 months later the majority of outlets and GT themselves made MG their GOTY resulting in someone bumping the thread and an absolute slaughter of a back and fourth took place.

The Wii forums were the most unusual because it was nice and civil in the first year until the Wii passed the 360's total sales in just 11 months then all hell broke lose as people flooded the forums like it was a call to arms.