By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splatoon 2 Will Outsell Splatoon This Year Alone

Will it?

Yes! 81 47.93%

No! 38 22.49%

Maybe 50 29.59%

Total:169

I uh.... maybe.

Around the Network
KrspaceT said:
Luke888 said:
Nope, it's too much, Splatoon's legs were boossted by the lack of games on Wii U, after 2/3 months Fire Emblem, Mario+Rabbids and possibily another title will be out for the Switch, it will sell more on the long run though !

Would they compete a la 'Infinie Warfare, Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1'?

I think Mario+Rabbids can cut the legs in the west while FE in Japan, Mario+Rabbids and Splatoon 2 are both kid friendly games and as soon as they are both on the market parents are likely to pick the one with the character they recognise in the title, FE Warriors on the other hand will be seen as a much bigger release in Japan than in the west so any kind of Switch buyer could decide to pick it up with the system as opposed to Splatoon 2

That is bold, but still not crazy bold. It all depends on when and if they can get the supply chain rocking this year or not. Cool prediction though =)

vivster said:
Now that's what I call bold. Probably will not happen but why not dream? I'm still skeptical about the actual success of Switch itself.

Ofc you are hehe..

Barkley said:
I mean... That would mean an attach rate of at least 35%....

So, less attach rate than what BotW and MK8Dx already easily achieved?

Splatoon absolutely exploded in Japan, where it became the best-selling title for the Wii U and Splatoon 2 is currently duking it out with DQ XI combined numbers on COMG preorders! Dragon. Quest. XI. fucking. combined. numbers. I got laughed at when I said several month ago that Splatoon 2 would steal some of DQ XI's thunder at release in japan since it comes out 1 week prior, don't think anybody is laughing now about that prediction.

Splatoon also had a huge success outside of Japan and there won't be a DQ XI there to slow down it's sales. And with the success the Switch currently has, I don't think it would be too much of a strech to assume it can do it

Luke888 said:

Nope, it's too much, Splatoon's legs were bosted by the lack of games on Wii U, after 2/3 months Fire Emblem, Mario+Rabbids and possibily another title will be out for the Switch, it will sell more on the long run though !

Splat2n is too big to be hampered by games like those.

Besides which, Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, and Yoshi's Woolly World released in the months following Splatoon 1 but didn't stop it taking off.

Around the Network

I think it will.
It's got a strong fan base behind it now and everyone knows what to expect. This is one of the games you buy a Switch for. And with the bundle it has in Japan and if that bundle is confirmed for everywhere else, I think it is very likely that it will do it.
The first game managed to pull off close to 5 million on the Wii U as a new IP. And it managed to help the Wii U beat the PS4 in Japan for the month if June 2015. Now that it's going to be releasing on a system that the mainstream public actually wants and cares about, the sky is the limit for Splatoon 2.
I believe this so much that, in fact, I'm going to take this bold prediction and make it even bolder.
Not only will it outsell the first game in it's first year, it will do it by a very comfortable margin. AND it will be the first game for the Switch to reach 10 million. AND this game will even reach 15 million and stand on the same pevel as Mario Kart, 2D and 3D Mario, and mainline Pokemon in terms of sales. Nintendo is about to get an All star starting lineup that could dismatnle the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors, you heard it here first!
Mario, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Animal Crossing, and now Splatoon!
...So this is what it's like to be Tbone.

Nope. Over its lifetime probably but not that quickly. Zelda probably won't have sold that much.

1.6 to 2 in japan alone, only need 2.6 to 3 in rest of world, seem possible.

If Nintendo wasn't competing with Apple for parts for their console, you're easily correct, Lipe.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

I can see it happening as splatoon only sold 3.8mill in its first six months and 4.67million for splatoon 2 seems very possible as splatoon 2 is doing very well in japan so far.