By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splatoon 2 Will Outsell Splatoon This Year Alone

Will it?

Yes! 81 47.93%

No! 38 22.49%

Maybe 50 29.59%

Total:169

Good prediction :D
Nice to see Switch and its games doing well

Around the Network

Well I am willing to admit being wrong.

LipeJJ said:
vivster said:
Now that's what I call bold. Probably will not happen but why not dream? I'm still skeptical about the actual success of Switch itself.

Hey, in the end they were tied. Splatoon 2 shipped about 5m, basically what the first game did lifetime. Pretty good for the first 6 months.

That's why we should always dream.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Freakin Splatoon is a monster in Japan. Were definitely getting Splatoon 3 in 2019/2020

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

vivster said:
LipeJJ said:

Hey, in the end they were tied. Splatoon 2 shipped about 5m, basically what the first game did lifetime. Pretty good for the first 6 months.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Freakin Splatoon is a monster in Japan. Were definitely getting Splatoon 3 in 2019/2020

I don't know... with that kind of legs I think the earliest we'll see Splatoon 3 is 2020. Probably later, or even on Switch 2. Maybe it's a generational thing like 2D Mario and Super Smash Bros.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
vivster said:

PwerlvlAmy said:

I don't know... with that kind of legs I think the earliest we'll see Splatoon 3 is 2020. Probably later, or even on Switch 2. Maybe it's a generational thing like 2D Mario and Super Smash Bros.

I hope that Splatoon 3 isn´t coming soon, but instead they support splatoon 2 for a long time. I like that we get new weapons and stages etc. and splatfest keeping the game fresh. And balancing has been much better and there have been more of it. I would agree that splatoon 3 probably comes during or after 2020.

LipeJJ said:
vivster said:

PwerlvlAmy said:

Depends on Switch really. If it keeps selling like fire, they wont pass up a sequel on switch again

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Splatoon 3 should sell extremely well! I expect one million units.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They shouldn't release 3platoon until next gen for the sake of the IP. Better support the current one rather than milking.

One per gen is more than enough.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Jumpin said:

Splatoon 3 should sell extremely well! I expect one million units.

I don't think it'll hit 1million. It'll be lucky to hit 1 million. 500K maybe.