By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splatoon 2 Will Outsell Splatoon This Year Alone

Will it?

Yes! 81 47.93%

No! 38 22.49%

Maybe 50 29.59%

Total:169
LipeJJ said:
vivster said:

That's why we should always dream.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Freakin Splatoon is a monster in Japan. Were definitely getting Splatoon 3 in 2019/2020

I don't know... with that kind of legs I think the earliest we'll see Splatoon 3 is 2020. Probably later, or even on Switch 2. Maybe it's a generational thing like 2D Mario and Super Smash Bros.

Depends on Switch really. If it keeps selling like fire, they wont pass up a sequel on switch again

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Splatoon 3 should sell extremely well! I expect one million units.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

They shouldn't release 3platoon until next gen for the sake of the IP. Better support the current one rather than milking.

One per gen is more than enough.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Jumpin said:

I don't think it'll hit 1million. It'll be lucky to hit 1 million. 500K maybe.

PwerlvlAmy said:
LipeJJ said:

I don't know... with that kind of legs I think the earliest we'll see Splatoon 3 is 2020. Probably later, or even on Switch 2. Maybe it's a generational thing like 2D Mario and Super Smash Bros.

Depends on Switch really. If it keeps selling like fire, they wont pass up a sequel on switch again

Splat2 support will continue intill summer 2019. Splat3 aint coming anytime soon. Itll be SSB omce per gen game.

I can see a spin off though

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Splat2 support will continue intill summer 2019. Splat3 aint coming anytime soon. Itll be SSB omce per gen game.

I agree with that, although I think they might do more then one per generation. I can definitely see a spin off being released but I don't know what aspects are really that popular with Japan so I don't know how they could do a well received one besides maybe a Splatoon - Mario Party type mini game collection.

However I do think they will continue to milk it some how some way going forward. But given half a year later and it still places in the top 5 of Japan's domestic sales, I doubt they are in a major rush.

NoirSon said:
tbone51 said:

I agree with that, although I think they might do more then one per generation. I can definitely see a spin off being released but I don't know what aspects are really that popular with Japan so I don't know how they could do a well received one besides maybe a Splatoon - Mario Party type mini game collection.

However I do think they will continue to milk it some how some way going forward. But given half a year later and it still places in the top 5 of Japan's domestic sales, I doubt they are in a major rush.

Persona dancing but splatoon. The japanese love the squid girls

Ljink96 said:
Jumpin said:

I don't think it'll hit 1million. It'll be lucky to hit 1 million. 500K maybe.

I'm going to be BOLD here, and stick to my one million units prediction! The gaming world won't know what hit them!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Splatoon 3 could happen for Switch, considering 2 is just Splatoon Deluxe rushed out so the Switch would have a Splatoon game as soon as possible. I could see 3 happening for holiday 2020.