By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344

I have to agree that this is laughably stupid to have to connect all those cords. I already thought it was extremely lame that you need a separate phone app to voice chat. Can they not do a software update and add Bluetooth support?

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Around the Network

Never thoguht I'd see the day when I'd clamor for Wii Speak.

d21lewis said:

I haven't tried the two player voice chat thing but, on Xbox One, every player on the console gets access to the primary player's Gold features. At least from my experience. 

Heck, as the owner of three (yes, three) Xbox One consoles, I'm the only one with Gold and I've played online with my daughter. She logs in under her profile on my primary console and uses all of the features and plays all of my games. I log in as myself on a second XBO and have access to all of my features and games.

Not sure about XB1 but on X360 I seem to remember silver members and/or guests not being able to use voice chat as P2.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

I guess I'll be playing without chat or use google hangouts for chat. I get way too many calls to use my phone for chat on a game.

Cubedramirez said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
I really don't care because I don't use voice chat. Nothing ruins the fun more than 12-25 year old little racist, homophobic trolls calling each other slurs because they're "noobs" and "don't know how to play" etc.

I can't argue anything you said. Legit points. I guess if you want to do VC then it's only got friends so it won't ruin the experience....?

Yeah, if I had real friends who also played, I'd enjoy it. But I swear, I haven't managed to make a gamer friend in real life in 17 years aside from my ex and current GF. I mean, I've met alot of dude-bros but finding someone who I can discuss something other than COD or Madden has been impossible. So for me, voice chat is useless.

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Mummelmann said:
This is a fantastic solution, I really don't see the problem. Nintendo are really ahead of their time when it comes to online features, I'm sure Sony and MS will copy this very soon, like they copy everything else they do.

Sony and MS are happy to rip people off with overpriced, unnecessary headsets so I don't think they'll copy this time. Nintendo's headset free solution is better for the non-'serious' gamer who doesn't want to buy multiple headsets just to chat online.

Doesn't MS force you to buy a second subscription and headset just so player 2 can also have voice chat?

MS are especially bad with their free pack-in chat headset that comes with Xbox One and the 360, such a rip-off. Nintendo on the other hand, they're widely known as having reasonably priced accessories and peripherals, could not agree more. MS and Sony were are also really screwing their customers when they removed the cables/charger from their handheld console and concealed their DLC in plastic figurines and charged money from kids to store their captured creatures in an online bank, as if that weren't enough; they charge for their online play and even relied on remakes to sell their hardware at the start of the cycle. Despicable behavior.

Besides, since several users on vgchartz have no issue with this chat solution; it's not a problem overall, everyone knows that anecdotes are the best form of argument so I agree with that as well. It's not like Nintendo would actually want different demographics to purchase their consoles and their reasonably priced peripherals and accessories, nor is it reasonable of consumers to expect the very basics of features in modern consumer electronics, it's not like various forms of online interaction is a massive part of modern society and especially gaming. Adapting your products to the biggest market movements with steady growth for more than a decade is for suckers, being unique at all costs (even literal costs, such as with main controllers) is where its at, and I'm very thankful that someone dares to be different.

Glad we're on the same page here.

I think this is for portable mode only not when its docked I'll wait until E3 before I judge it

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Mummelmann said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Sony and MS are happy to rip people off with overpriced, unnecessary headsets so I don't think they'll copy this time. Nintendo's headset free solution is better for the non-'serious' gamer who doesn't want to buy multiple headsets just to chat online.

Doesn't MS force you to buy a second subscription and headset just so player 2 can also have voice chat?

MS are especially bad with their free pack-in chat headset that comes with Xbox One and the 360, such a rip-off. Nintendo on the other hand, they're widely known as having reasonably priced accessories and peripherals, could not agree more. MS and Sony were are also really screwing their customers when they removed the cables/charger from their handheld console and concealed their DLC in plastic figurines and charged money from kids to store their captured creatures in an online bank, as if that weren't enough; they charge for their online play and even relied on remakes to sell their hardware at the start of the cycle. Despicable behavior.

Besides, since several users on vgchartz have no issue with this chat solution; it's not a problem overall, everyone knows that anecdotes are the best form of argument so I agree with that as well. It's not like Nintendo would actually want different demographics to purchase their consoles and their reasonably priced peripherals and accessories, nor is it reasonable of consumers to expect the very basics of features in modern consumer electronics, it's not like various forms of online interaction is a massive part of modern society and especially gaming. Adapting your products to the biggest market movements with steady growth for more than a decade is for suckers, being unique at all costs (even literal costs, such as with main controllers) is where its at, and I'm very thankful that someone dares to be different.

Glad we're on the same page here.

You can stop hitting. He's already dead!

JRPGfan said:

Switch:

4 devices, 3 cables, a smart phone & special app, turning on the app, playing around with the settings on that connection box thingy.

This is how the PS4 does it (plug it in, then go play):

Its sooo much simpler.

Nintendo Voice chat implimentation is a mess.

This diagram is how it can work on vita too ROFL welcome to 2017 people 

Pyro as Bill said:
Mummelmann said:
This is a fantastic solution, I really don't see the problem. Nintendo are really ahead of their time when it comes to online features, I'm sure Sony and MS will copy this very soon, like they copy everything else they do.

That seems odd considering there is a mic built into my PS4's camera, that I can and have used for voice chat. But besides that, my PS4 shipped with a shitty little earbud microphone thing that plugged into the controller, meaning you actually don't need to buy any headset at all to use voicechat out of the box.