By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344

This looks bad. Luckily voice chat with strangers is lame anyway.

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:
Lol, "next gen." If you need a phone for voice chat, why not just use your phone?

Reminds me of the AVGN video about the Tiger Game.Com handheld, which had email functionality but needed to be connected at home through ethernet on which he replies "Why not just use the computer?" lol.  XD

vivster said:
Nautilus said:
Is this legit in any way?Because it dosent make any sense doing that.I mean, you wouldnt be able to play at dicked mode, unless you sit 10cm in front of the tv.

Quoted for eternalized hilariousness.

Nicely done.

OdinHades said:
vivster said:

I'm pretty sure PS4 can do all of it wireless.

Not with friggin' bluetooth it can't! It won't work with my goddamn SONY Bluetooth headset until this very day. I used the same exact headset on the PS3 for years and it worked flawlessly. Not anymore! Ok, maybe it's too old, how about some new SONY headphones from 2016? Nope, sorry, won't work! But yeah, why in the world should a SONY headset work with a fuckin' SONY console?! 

Sorry, I'm still a little fucking pissed off because of the shitty bluetooth support on PS4. I'm using bluetooth headsets on steam and it works like a charm. Until now, I couldn't use a single headset on the PS4. Not the official PS3 bluetooth headset, not the Sony MDR-1RBT, not the Sony MDR-1ABT, not the Bose SoundLink OnEar, nothing. I always have to wear that shitty headset that was in the box underneath my good headphones. Plus I have a fucking cable hanging on my controller. I hate cables. 

Screw you, Sony!

Run, Nintendo. RUN!

I......that cable looks nowhere near long enough to actually comfortable reach my Switch when docked. And I sit very close to my console, within 1,5m actually. I was one of the very few people who aren't too bothered about the NES mini controller cable, but this looks way too short.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
HintHRO said:
One step forward, two steps backward

Like always, Hori

Fixed it.

Do you really think Hori would make such an awful design if Nintendo wouldn't force them to?

Jesus, this is just... Terrible. I hope this is just some random shitty Hori accessory, because if Nintendo's solution for voice chat is the same as this... Urgh.

Mar1217 said:
HintHRO said:

Do you really think Hori would make such an awful design if Nintendo wouldn't force them to?

Well, I just want information that's coming straight from Nintendo's mouth, not from a 3rd party compagny. But hey, it's fine if you just want to jump the gun first and ask question later.

No one is jumping the gun when Nintendo themselves said you'll need a smartphone app for voice chat. Besides that, Hori Nintendo accessoires are officially licensed by Nintendo. Nintendo gives them information on how their products work. 

How many people were really looking forward to using voice chat on a Nintendo console anyway? Do people actually play online a lot using Nintendo consoles? If Microsoft or Sony did this I would call it a big deal but with Nintendo I feel like most of their user base plays multiplayer games through local split screen.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Still pretty sure that this is only the system-level "solution" and that developers will be able to implement voice chat their own way.

For crying out loud there are 3DS games with voice chat. Just no system-wide voice chat that stays active across different games.