By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344

Just saying, Turtle Beach have been using similar setup on their wired headsets.
https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/223921667-PX21-PS4-Setup-Diagram?mobile_site=true

Around the Network

Or we can wait for official words from Nintendo?

Crazy idea, I know.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Look good to me

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

I'm bound to get a Switch at some point. Probably this year. Hopefully there are alternative ways for voice chat by then.

It's 2017. This is stupid.

The more I look at it, the more I think it might not be so bad. The fact that the headset is detachable from the little squid piece means you can think of the Switch/phone pieces as a single unit much like how a controller on a PS4 or X1 is a single piece that the headset hooks up to. Would like to try it in person just to see how manageable it is.

Still, I have to wonder how the hell this will work in docked mode. I'd like to think a docked Switch would communicate wirelessly with the phone which would be attached to the headset.

Mar1217 said:
chapset said:
Look good to me

The headset : +++

The setup : ....

Agreed. The headset is sweet but I'm skeptical of the extra wires I'm seeing.

Around the Network

*Clutches chest* "MY AIDS!"

You know that thing when you uhhh...and then you...hmmm. But then you have to...umm, Yuh.

lol just use discord or skype, its easier than this

Hmm, this seems a little more complicated than it needs to be, but it doesn't really seem like a big deal. I'm more curious on how the app works as well as its features. Those headphones look pretty dang sweet.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Barkley said:
Jranation said:
That headset looks awesome!

Wow someone really can be positive about it.

Well, the headset does look nice. The way you use it for voice chat on the Switch is horrible but it LOOKS nice. LOL

Am glad this apparatus is optional, but requiring a phone for VC is already bad as is :/

So I guess I won't be using this feature :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]