By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This is how Voice chat on the Switch will work

Happy with how Voice Chat wil be handled?

Yes 32 9.30%

No 244 70.93%

its whatever... 68 19.77%

Total:344
Captain_Yuri said:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169323-Switch-Smartphone-App-Elegant-Solution-Does-Matchmaking-And-Lobbies

"Nintendo: Switch Smartphone App "An Elegant Solution" To Bulky Gamer Headsets"

Nintendo is just recycling the WiiSpeak idea, but with smartphones. In their mind is a headset-less principle.

Remember?

Just change the WiiSpeak mic for a smartphone on speaker and replace the WiiSpeak Channel with an APP. Same exact cheese.

As for people who like to use headsets? Stick with 360.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network

Hands down the dumbest shit i've ever seen, especially considering it is totally unnecessary.

What a mess.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

twintail said:
abronn627 said:
Just saying, Turtle Beach have been using similar setup on their wired headsets.
https://support.turtlebeach.com/hc/en-us/articles/223921667-PX21-PS4-Setup-Diagram?mobile_site=true

Pretty sure thats because its making certain headsets compatible with the PS4. I could be wrong. Either way no phone attached.

Even without the phone, this setup is already standards for 3rd party wires headsets for both PS4 and XB1. I used this example to show that we're complaining about something that already exists. HORI is developing this headset using a Nintendo licensed product like they have done in the last few years, that dosen't mean Nintendo won't release something on their own less complex, like Sony and MST with their 1st party headsets. As for the app, it's still too soon to judge since we haven't seen any details on it. It seems clunky, but who knows, maybe it'll offer new possibilities.

SpokenTruth said:

That's a rather convoluted approach.  Too many wires.

vivster said:

I wonder if this is a world record. The Switch might actually be the only mobile device released in the past 5 years without bluetooth.

Don't be silly. It has bluetooth.

Which makes it even worse that Nintendo doesn't allow us to use it. Fucking tease.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Even as a fanboy. I looked at this and was totally ashamed.

I really don't care because I don't use voice chat. Nothing ruins the fun more than 12-25 year old little racist, homophobic trolls calling each other slurs because they're "noobs" and "don't know how to play" etc.

AlfredoTurkey said:
I really don't care because I don't use voice chat. Nothing ruins the fun more than 12-25 year old little racist, homophobic trolls calling each other slurs because they're "noobs" and "don't know how to play" etc.

I can't argue anything you said. Legit points. I guess if you want to do VC then it's only got friends so it won't ruin the experience....?

For everyone who say the ps4 gold headset or the old ones dont works corect with bluetooth, even dont know how to connect the usb adaptor on ps4, or the wifi channell is the same with bluetooth and the connection is laggy so you change the chanell for your wifi
So stop make this problem and say "oh look ps4 has not good bluetooth either" Sony ps4 headset is the best even they have app from the console to change the setting and is very cheap now that new 3d sound headsets is out

In topic now im the only one who see that set up for voice chat is amazing? This is the future on how you talk to others that you know only to avoid bulling. Has anyone idea how this triagle device is the latest techology to get crystal clear sound.? No ? Well you now know it. The sound become even more clear because you pay subscription .
Even with that app Nintendo can hear everything you say to collect information to make your experience even better

Rab said:

This method is obviously the most suitable for Switch's mobility feature without having an added 4G SIM card, and the power draining wireless connections 

Nintendo just wants to bring back the old days.