By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch vs Ps4 - Who will win 2017 WW

I also believe the Switch has a chance to win in 2018, I mean it's the 5th year for the PS4. The thing is if PS4 starts to slow down, I expect Sony to bring it down to $199 which could do some major damage again.

Now, We don't know anything about December yet really, I don't want to hear any excuses if Switch loses, there was stocks, there were no crazy discount.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
JRPGfan said:

Is it though? I thought id check if that was true.

VGC's Hardware Year-Over-Year Comparison 2016-2017, added up 2017 numbers for the US for both the PS4 & Switch.

Results for 2017 unit sales are as follows:

PS4 = 4,3m units sold in the us.

Switch = 3,4m units sold in the us.

From jan - > november, in 2017, so far the PS4 has sold more units in the US than the Switch has.

Maybe Switch does better in december and closes that gap, but its just as likely it doesnt.

Switch is selling better in December, and if we look at Amazon it looks like is gonna sell way more in January too.

2017 was 2017, i knew PS4 was gonna win this year since summer. Doesn't matter tho, since we know why PS4 sold more than Switch in November, and we know that right now Switch is doing better.

Pillertriller said: 

Always these excuses lost because no deals no stock blah blah the switch has only a chance in us because already a ton of people already own a ps4. And this are facts and not just excuses

I would like to discuss about what do you think are facts and excuses, boy.
How even does Switch have a chance in US because "a ton of people already bought a PS4" ? Isn't the same in Europe?

We already have many reports which say Switch outsold PS4 in December, actually, they also say by a huge margin. I'm not saying that's gonna be the case, but we know is 99% sure Switch outsold PS4 in December, and January so far is by far worse for PS4 on Amazon.

Don't worry anyway, when Switch has enough stock and PS4 has no insane promotions, there is no way PS4 sells close to Switch in USA, so for PS4 to beat Switch in 2018, Sony should do insane deals and price cuts and Nintendo should continue to have stocks problems for all year, something which is very unlucky.

2018 Switch will be by far the best selling console in USA, easy, actually, there a chance it outsell PS4 every months, but let's not get crazy now, the point is that Switch will easy wins US by a good margin, and Japan by an absyss. I don't know if people understand that, actually, there is a big chance that Switch in Japan in 2018 sells more than PS4 in US. I would say it's most likely gonna be the case, and Switch sales in US will be also bigger than in Japan, so there you go.

Europe and Rest of the world are not gonna close this gap.

Amazon isnt always a indicator for better sales lol

psrock said:

I also believe the Switch has a chance to win in 2018, I mean it's the 5th year for the PS4. The thing is if PS4 starts to slow down, I expect Sony to bring it down to $199 which could do some major damage again.

Now, We don't know anything about December yet really, I don't want to hear any excuses if Switch loses, there was stocks, there were no crazy discount.

There are always excuses from Nintendo fans. I am curious what it will be next year when the ps4 won another year. There are to many good first and 3rd party games next year for playstation and a possible price drop to 200 bucks would totally destroy the switch sales wise, i repeat my self, 0 chance for the switch next year

Pillertriller said:

First, i like how this reply is so short and with the lack of points.

Second, i know, but is very accurate, and, of course, is not only Amazon who say Switch won December, you should really follow NPD threads more, because Benji which is an insidier and was right about last month performance said Switch lead over PS4 and XB1 is actually not low this month.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Pillertriller said:

First, i like how this reply is so short and with the lack of points.

Second, i know, but is very accurate, and, of course, is not only Amazon who say Switch won December, you should really follow NPD threads more, because Benji which is an insidier and was right about last month performance said Switch lead over PS4 and XB1 is actually not low this month.

Wow won december, after they got destroyed in november, so what? We speak again in a year were you have to admit that i was right and you only had some dreams that didnt come true

Around the Network

is Switch outselling PS4 next year in the US meant to sound impressive?

Anyway, if Switch has any chance of beating PS4 LT sales it needs to beat it next year. If your second year can't beat another console's fifth it's got no chance

celador said:
is Switch outselling PS4 next year in the US meant to sound impressive? 

For some user, it is lol

Ryng_Tolu said:
Pillertriller said:

I will, you all overstimate this switch hype too much lol. Switch will destroy the PS4 in Japan, everywere else in the World the Switch will be dominated by the PS4. Now who will win? Simple math.

Do you realize Switch is selling a lot better than PS4 in USA? It lost November because no deals, but you already see how December is another story, and how on Amazon right now is literally dominate, which mean January is gonna be even better for Switch.

PS4 will win in Europe, excluding France, but Switch will win in USA, and not by a small margin, and will dominate Japan.

this is false, even with a new system launch, and with out counting November where switch got out sold 2:1, it's still behind ps4.  

LOL about benji. if his numbers come true, this month, then ill start believing in him, last month he was all over the place, and honestly covered all his angles. it was obvious as fuck a 199$ ps4 and 189$ xbone with a new hyped system launch were gonna clear a million. you don't then need numbers to know this, lol. then he throws in i wouldn't surprise me if switch won, how this info valuable?

quickrick said: 

LOL about benji. if his numbers come true, this month, then ill start believing in him, last month he was all over the place, and honestly covered all his angles. it was obvious as fuck a 199$ ps4 and 189$ xbone with a new hyped system launch were gonna clear a million. you don't then need numbers to know this, lol. then he throws in i wouldn't surprise me if switch won, how this info valuable?

Who's benji?

Flilix said:
quickrick said: 

Who's benji?

some dude that has been verified to have numbers at resetera, but his numbers seem useless to me if he saying it wouldn't surprise him if switch won, it was outsold by nearly a million units. if he gets december right and switch wins by a lot then i will start trusting him, as far as november goes, his numbers were useless, and actually did more to hurt good predictions.