By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch vs Ps4 - Who will win 2017 WW

So we need a table, who do you think will take 2017? Ps4 is ahead by now with 2 months of advance though. 

Switch is poised to have a insane holiday with Mario but Sony has Cod Destiny Star Wars and other exclusive titles. 

YTD 2017 (As of April 22nd): 

PS4 4,052,057

NS* 3,124,256

*Switch has only been available since March, keep that in mind. 

Around the Network

Depends on how much stock there actually is available for Switch by the end of 2017. I'd say Switch if there was unlimited supply. Switch has that major Japan boost, which I can see it doing over 20 million there like the 3DS lifetime.

But I think it'll be PS4 this year. Next year may be another story however...

PS4, more AA/AAA games.

Ps4, of course

http://twitter.com/skyer7

3ds: 4270-1889-2005

PS4 has the advantage of having little to no stock problem. Switch would have had a better chance is Nintendo worked on that problem. Also, I'm sure Sony makes another pricecut or a decent bundle to overshadow the Scorpio. A regular PS4 for less than 149$ would be a pretty sweet deal, although I have no idea if they can achieve that.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Switch is already ahead in 2017 with around 3 to 4 million units sold (Vgchartz already states 3 million and thats before the launch of Mario Kart 8 at April 28). In less than 2 months, while PS4 has the same number but in 4 months.

With Monster Hunter in 2017 at least in Japan, plus Splatoon, Mario, Fire Emblem etc, PS4 has absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning 2017 in sales.

It will still lead the market by the year's end offcourse, with or around 70 million units sold, Switch will probably reach the 12 to 13 million units.

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Tryklon said:

Switch is already ahead in 2017 with around 3 to 4 million units sold (Vgchartz already states 3 million and thats before the launch of Mario Kart 8 at April 28). In less than 2 months, while PS4 has the same number but in 4 months.

With Monster Hunter in 2017 at least in Japan, plus Splatoon, Mario, Fire Emblem etc, PS4 has absolutely no chance whatsoever of winning 2017 in sales.

It will still lead the market by the year's end offcourse, with more than 60 million units sold, Switch will probably reach the 10 to 12 million units.

More like 70 million. 

iNathan said:
Tryklon said:

It will still lead the market by the year's end offcourse, with more than 60 million units sold, Switch will probably reach the 10 to 12 million units.

More like 70 million. 

Yes, thats what I meant, 60 million is the current number as of today ~

PS4: Tryklon  Steam: Tryklon

Switch: 0307-6588-7010 | New 2DS XL: 2037-2612-6964

MacBook Air (Mid 2017) | iPhone SE | Apple Watch Series 3

Switch.

PS4 will be in it's 4th holiday this year and software release won't matter much at this point.
Switch on the other hand is building momentum and will likely be seen as the hot new product to own. This is what sell in the holiday period, what's look to be cool new thing to give.

PS4 easily, caused by price cuts and Switch shortages.