By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch vs Ps4 - Who will win 2017 WW

I think it could go either way.  But Ill go with the PS4.

Anyway, it is gonna be really close.

Around the Network

Ps4. Only because of the aforementioned stock issues. Next year will be more interesting.

PS4 wins hands down. At the very least ps4 will be selling 15-16M and switch just can't beat thease numbers.
Nintendo will not be able to put enough switchs in the market to beat sony, fact.

Switch.

PigPen said:
DialgaMarine said:
PS4 beyond the shadow of a doubt. PS4 has already started tracking ahead in the WW charts at less than a month and a half into Seitch's launch. Very doubtful that's gonna change, as Nintendo's most competitive titles this year will be releasing around the same time as the third party heavy hitters.

What are them third party heavy hitters? 

COD, Fifa, Star wars battlefront 2, Assassins Creed and who knows what gets announced during E3. As for Sony themselves GT sport, Uncharted the lost legacy and maybe Detroit or/and Spiderman.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Probably Switch, but as everyone has said it will depend on supply.

Weekly sales, it looks like Switch is winning and this is with retailers barely being able to keep them in the stores. Gamestop has said that it sells out in hours. Best Buy and Gamestop both saw earnings boost from Switch.

If you look at the first full fiscal year, The DS sold 11.4, the Wii sold 18.6, and the 3DS sold 13.5 million. The Wii sold 5.8 million from launch to the end of its first fiscal year. So even with supply constraints, Nintendo is able to sell a lot of units. Sony is projecting to ship 18 million, but I think that number is an overstatement. The PS4 is in its 4th year. Since consoles tend to decline after year 3, we should see it fall (which may also be a reason this comparison is somewhat unfair to Sony). Moreover, Sony has succeeded due to a lack of competition. Most of Sony's rise (primarily in software) can be explained by the decline in Microsoft's sales. Sony now has real competition with Switch. A PS4 is about the same price and the system has more games, but Switch sales are stronger in Japan and America. This may change in Europe eventually as the DS sold better in Europe than it did in America at least for the first few years. So couple Nintendo potentially selling 15-17 million this year (based on sales of the Wii and DS) and Sony not making their 18 million goal, I'd go with Switch.

BTW, you can find all the numbers at Nintendo's investor relation website.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

PS4 is gonna win every year until PS5 is announced.

PS4, I think

Qwark said:
PigPen said:

What are them third party heavy hitters? 

COD, Fifa, Star wars battlefront 2, Assassins Creed and who knows what gets announced during E3. As for Sony themselves GT sport, Uncharted the lost legacy and maybe Detroit or/and Spiderman.

At this point in the cycle, they won't provide any hardware boost or momentum that was not already provided in previous years.

Manlytears said:
PS4 wins hands down. At the very least ps4 will be selling 15-16M and switch just can't beat thease numbers.
Nintendo will not be able to put enough switchs in the market to beat sony, fact.

In Fiscal year 2007 (April 1, 2007 - March 31, 2008) Nintendo was able to sell 23.56 million DS systems and 5.84 million Wii systems, for a total of 29.4 million systems sold. It was even higher in fiscal-year 2008 (48.92 million). Now, say what you will about sales and the economy, but these numbers show that Nintendo is able to produce a significant amount of units in a year. Far more than 15-16 million (which both the DS and WIi beat until 2012).

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life