Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS - Will you use motion controls?

Which control scheme will you use for ARMS?

Motion Controls 111 77.08%

Traditional Controls 33 22.92%

Total:144

For sure, don't see why not. Best to punch someone in the face with your own arms than with buttons. Unless the motion controls aren't good enough, which I doubt, motion are the way to go.

Around the Network

Yeah. It kind of seems like the game would be dull otherwise.

monocle_layton said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
I will gladly fist those Joy-Cons good. 

Oh.

Because the Joy-Cons fit so well in my hands. Nothing else was implied.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

If it requires a crazy amount of waggling around, I'd rather not, but I'll give it a shot.

I am using tilt controls.

Around the Network

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't play with the motion controls except when you are out and about and playing in purely handheld mode. I mean motion controls aren't needed for every type of games, but there are a good amount of genres where they are vastly superior to normal controls and Arms is very obviously one of those games. I honestly hadn't even considered the possibility of playing this game without motion controls, though obviously in the back of my mind I knew a normal control scheme would be available.

I'll definitely try it out, since I was happily surprised how well the motion controls were for Splatoon, but if it's like Wii Boxing, then probably not :p

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread -

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

I would probably try both... although I've grown skeptical of motion controls.
Also, the music is SO kickass. Damn.

Every person to get a preview I've seen has said that they preferred the motion controls if the topic comes up (such as the recent Digital Foundry vid), which is something I never see any reviewer claim.

With that in mind, I'm definitely going to try it out; supposedly the motion controls are absolutely spot on and feel completely natural.

This game actually reminds me why I was so intrigued by motion controls in the first place with the Wii. Honestly can't imagine not using them for this one.