By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARMS - Will you use motion controls?

Which control scheme will you use for ARMS?

Motion Controls 111 77.08%

Traditional Controls 33 22.92%

Total:144
SonytendoAmiibo said:
I will gladly fist those Joy-Cons good. 

Oh.

Around the Network

I'll see if I get time to play during the Test Punch. i watched the direct last night and the game looks really good.

I'll probably learn both. Motion when playing on my TV and sticks when in handheld mode or tabletop mode.

I will probably use the motion controls. Motion controls are actually quite fun when done right, so I look forward to it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

While I won't be buying the game (fighting games just aren't my cup of tea) if I did, it'd be motion controls all the way.

It's the way it was designed to be played, the previews pretty much all say they work great, and it looks like the kind of game where it would be very satisfying to whack an enemy by physically throwing a "punch".

I must say, as someone who loved the Wii and enjoys well implemented motion, it pleases me to see them making something of a comeback.

Around the Network

I'll be bumping this thread when the demo starts!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

For sure, don't see why not. Best to punch someone in the face with your own arms than with buttons. Unless the motion controls aren't good enough, which I doubt, motion are the way to go.

Yeah. It kind of seems like the game would be dull otherwise.

monocle_layton said:
SonytendoAmiibo said:
I will gladly fist those Joy-Cons good. 

Oh.

Because the Joy-Cons fit so well in my hands. Nothing else was implied.

Hey! They got SONY on my amiibo! Wait a minute. Two great gaming tastes that game great together!

Switch FC: SW-0398-8858-1969

If it requires a crazy amount of waggling around, I'd rather not, but I'll give it a shot.