By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What did you get in Microsofts backwards compatibility sale and what do you want in the future?

Everything....

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
Conina said:

Conker's Bad Fur Day Live & Reloaded.

I have the N64 version in Rare Replay, but I also want the prettier Xbox version on my XBO.

Most of the other Xbox hits I already have in a better version on other systems (Halo 1 + 2, KotOR, Jade Empire, Splinter Cell, Morrowind, Fable...) or lost importance by similar and much prettier successors (why should I play Forza Motorsport 1 again, if I can play Forza Motorsport 5 + 6... for the story?).

You think of that comparison with the Tony Hawks franchise though, the original Xbox has THPS2X/3/4 THUG and THUG2, the x360 has American Wasteland which wasn't terrible... then all those things with the plastic board and even worse were the THPSHD and THPS5 messes of games.

Would take the Original Xbox games any day of the week over the sequels.

You forgot the mediocre Proving Ground and the fantastic Project 8.

Barozi said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You think of that comparison with the Tony Hawks franchise though, the original Xbox has THPS2X/3/4 THUG and THUG2, the x360 has American Wasteland which wasn't terrible... then all those things with the plastic board and even worse were the THPSHD and THPS5 messes of games.

Would take the Original Xbox games any day of the week over the sequels.

Was Project 8 good? I have it and don't think it's ever gone into my..... either X360 or ps3, can't recall which machine I have it for, might dig it out later and play some :)

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
Barozi said:

Was Project 8 good? I have it and don't think it's ever gone into my..... either X360 or ps3, can't recall which machine I have it for, might dig it out later and play some :)

It's definitely my favourite Tony Hawk game on 7th gen consoles. It's not as goofy as the old ones, but after American Wasteland, I couldn't stand that any longer. Still very satisfying gameplay and mission design. Nail-the-Trick is a cool new feature, although a bit underused IMO. That's one thing Proving Ground actually did better. Though it's still pretty optional. Visually it was a phenomenal looking game at the time (2006).
The 7th gen version is also far superior to the 6th gen versions. At least there's a big difference on Metacritic.

Barozi said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It's definitely my favourite Tony Hawk game on 7th gen consoles. It's not as goofy as the old ones, but after American Wasteland, I couldn't stand that any longer. Still very satisfying gameplay and mission design. Nail-the-Trick is a cool new feature, although a bit underused IMO. That's one thing Proving Ground actually did better. Though it's still pretty optional. Visually it was a phenomenal looking game at the time (2006).
The 7th gen version is also far superior to the 6th gen versions. At least there's a big difference on Metacritic.

yeah, I've played American wasteland on both X360 and the GC and gotta say as much as I love the gamecube, the game just doesn't handle half as well on that, although I guess looking at the 450mhz cpu and 43mb of ram next to the Xenon in the x360 that shouldn't be a shock.

I actually didn't mind AW in the grand scheme of things... was a bit strange the voice actor of the girl with you... couldn't stop setting Susie Carmicheal from the rugrats everytime her character spoke, which was a bit weird.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network

Only Dead Space 2. Thought about Black Ops 2 but I'm not paying $20 for it.

- Bloodrayne Betrayal
- Killer is Dead
- Ghostbusters
- Hitman Absolution
- Shadow of the Damned

All of which I owned physically except Bloodrayne.

Of the games the offered, I own 97 of them. Most in digital form, even if I already have them physically--mostly due to GWG but a few I bought twice.

Tempted to get the Dead space Trilogy even though I mostly played that series on PS3. Also, Dragon's Lair (own it on Vita), Geometry Wars 2, Double Dragon Neon, and Alice the Madness Returns (own it on disc) kinda have my attention.

Turns out I already own a physical copy of Far Cry 3 so I bought Dead Space 2 instead.

Barozi said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Ya know one thing the 7th gen has in common with the 6th gen version of it... on the playstation 3 anyway?

No fucking trophy support in the game at all, had to look it up before remembering that some of the earlier ps3 titles didn't get trophies, very strange since this was on the x360 too and would have had them there, not a bad tony hawk game though... was playing it most of yesterday, broke out my ps3 and played that and the appalingly bad Star Trek game all night.

Considering the cheap price of it though, I might well go and find a X360 copy before going to 100% it... cos ya know... I'm a whore that way.