By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What did you get in Microsofts backwards compatibility sale and what do you want in the future?

It's the best backwards compatability of this gen. A shame we will never experience DS/wii-like compatability though.

Nintendo should copy Microsoft and release Gamecube games. My god, imagine Paper Mario:TTYD and the Metroid games on the go.

Anyways, to not derail the thread, Microsoft deserves credit for this. It has been executed perfectly.

Around the Network
monocle_layton said:

It's the best backwards compatability of this gen. A shame we will never experience DS/wii-like compatability though.

Nintendo should copy Microsoft and release Gamecube games. My god, imagine Paper Mario:TTYD and the Metroid games on the go.

Anyways, to not derail the thread, Microsoft deserves credit for this. It has been executed perfectly.

It would be the first time we would see a strong first party backwards compatibility catalogue without it being streamed. Microsoft has proven that emulation trumps streaming. :)

I missed this sale! Is it over? I'd love to take some of my physical games and make them digital.

Nothing yet but I might buy Far Cry 3 before its over.

d21lewis said:
I missed this sale! Is it over? I'd love to take some of my physical games and make them digital.

It runs through Monday.

Around the Network

Got Earthworm Jim HD, might check back and see if there are any last minute things I'd like.

Chris Hu said:
d21lewis said:

It runs through Monday.

I'm on it!

RavenXtra said:
Got Earthworm Jim HD, might check back and see if there are any last minute things I'd like.

I missed that. Just picked that up $2.99 is a steal!

Chris Hu said:
Nothing yet but I might buy Far Cry 3 before its over.

The game that convinced me to try far cry. Good choice! I havent played part four yet but three is great.

I racked up. I'll list tomorrow.