By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm just curious - how many have seen a 360 RROD?

My 360 fanboy friend had his first RROD. i did't laugh. but he knew i was laughing on the inside... on a serious note though, it's just become an accepted risk for people who own 360s. we'll go to the pub and meet up and someone will say 'mines died'. we all know what it means, people just get on with it (and cry at home when no-one is looking)

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

I've had 2 360's RROD on me.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Oh, I've seen it.  I'VE SEEN IT!  I witnessed the horror of the RROD, and I haven't been the same since. The twinkle in my eye? Gone. People at EBGames can spot me a mile away. They say I have "the stare".

My best friend, my first cousin, they have "the stare" too. I thought it would never happen to me. One day, immediately after buying Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty 4, my XBOX 360 looked me in the eye and said ,"Fuck it!". Then it died. Worst day of my life.

My 360 is working fine, now. Still, in the back of my mind, I know I can never fully trust it. The horror.

.................the horror.

My brothers have had thier 360 RROD onn them 3 times in like 5 months. First time after getting Halo 3, then after getting Assassin's Creed, then juuust after getting Mass effect at Christmas. Needless to say, they were not pleased. Not at all.

@d21lewis

i'm tying to imagine Zaph Branigan with the 'thousand yard stare'... i think i'm going to cry.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

Around the Network

Check out my sig average person has never heard of XBox 360 RROD.

d21lewis said:
Oh, I've seen it.  I'VE SEEN IT!  I witnessed the horror of the RROD, and I haven't been the same since. The twinkle in my eye? Gone. People at EBGames can spot me a mile away. They say I have "the stare".

My best friend, my first cousin, they have "the stare" too. I thought it would never happen to me. One day, immediately after buying Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and Call of Duty 4, my XBOX 360 looked me in the eye and said ,"Fuck it!". Then it died. Worst day of my life.

My 360 is working fine, now. Still, in the back of my mind, I know I can never fully trust it. The horror.

.................the horror.

The horror............the hoooror...

I've seen 2
mine, and my brothers, both were repaired so they'll probably get an rrod again soon.

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMeisterJ said:
3x

And they were all mine... Most recent was 3 mos. ago.

ot - Welcome back madskillz

Thanks a million , DMeisterJ. I have a 2-hour commute daily and have little time for anything more than spending time with my fam and grabbing a bite. I love my new job, though. 

I have had two. None, until last December. I packed up a machine for a Xmas trip so it was in the cold in the back of my Avalanche for the 7 hour trip. I got to the detination unpacked everything, hooked it up, turned it on, and a few minutes later it RRoD.

Since I was on a trip, and my brother and law and myself were going to do some significant gaming over Xmas (didn't want to split screen), I went and bought another one. Played it all through Xmas. Again, did the trip home, and again hooked it up right away, and a few minutes later it RRoD. I don't think the 360 likes to be turned on quickly after it has been put in sub zero for a long period of time.

Also, the really nice thing... I got the two 360's back. Then, about week later got a third 360 back... So, in the end it was a really positive experience.

All three have not died since I got them back.