By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm just curious - how many have seen a 360 RROD?

I know 6 people with 360's, 5 have had RRoD's, one had a problem with teh disc drive. I saw the red lights.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions
Around the Network
Moneybags said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
3x

And they were all mine... Most recent was 3 mos. ago.

ot - Welcome back madskillz

Source of the bitterness CONFIRMED!!!!!

Or shall we say justified? 

I agree with Moneybags.

Seen it once at a freinds house.

He's replaced it with an Elite, which is now starting to give him some problems.

Friend had it go RRoD 3 times

LOL

which why i hate consoles

I've actually seen RRoD developing. the Xbox at my store on display started with simple problem such as not reading the disc, and then it started making a lot of noise, and then it finally just gave up and RRoDed.

It was pretty funny to watch.

And yes, I've seen tons of them, customers bring them back sometimes after a year or two and expect a refund... what???

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

The walmart near me twice (both times it was there for over a week before it was removed and eventually replaced, granted the enclosure isn't the best at venting heat.  And the gamestop near my house once,  this one had a nice enclosure though.

I also know a few people who've had their 360 RRoD. So either my experience is an outlier among outliers or it really is a widespread problem.

RRoD issues was one of the reasons I didn't purchase a 360 last year actually. But thats a whole other thread.

To Each Man, Responsibility

100% of the XBox owners I know have had their machines RROD. (okay, so that is only one person) I did see it with my own eyes. That was a few months ago, and he has not gotten around to sending it back yet. Which sucks, because we cannot play Gears when I visit.

I am not sure I see the purpose of this thread.

kingofwale said:
I've actually seen RRoD developing. the Xbox at my store on display started with simple problem such as not reading the disc, and then it started making a lot of noise, and then it finally just gave up and RRoDed.

It was pretty funny to watch.

And yes, I've seen tons of them, customers bring them back sometimes after a year or two and expect a refund... what???

When it would not read the disc did that screen come up that says to put the game in a 360 or something, it was in about 10 different languages?

Not personally. But I knew a guy that witnessed it once. He wasn't the same guy afterwards. He stopped showing up to work, wife left him, and he wouldn't return my phone calls. When I finally tracked him down he was a mess. Every 10 minutes he would have flashbacks to the horror he witnessed, and he cried himself to sleep every night. I tried to make him get help! I tried! But man, he was so distraught , so paranoid, so stubborn - there was nothing I could do. One week later I went by his place again and decided to try and cheer him up. As I opened the door, that's when I saw it. The body. The gun. The horror.

He was just a kid for gods sake! He had a life ahead of him! Nobody deserves to go down that way, nobody man, not if I have anything to say about it!

WiiStation360 said:
100% of the XBox owners I know have had their machines RROD. (okay, so that is only one person) I did see it with my own eyes. That was a few months ago, and he has not gotten around to sending it back yet. Which sucks, because we cannot play Gears when I visit.

I am not sure I see the purpose of this thread.

Madskillz would like to believe that RRoD doesn't exist, and if it does, that it's far better than the PS2's Disk Read Error.

[both untrue I might add]