By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I'm just curious - how many have seen a 360 RROD?

Ok, I've been rather busy with my new gig, but I LOL whenever I see someone say 'I won't buy a 360 because of RROD.' I do think it is an issue but one that isn't as bad or widespread as Sony's dirty disk read error with the last gen PS2 (and current as well).

So, here's the deal - how many gamers have actually SEEN a 360 flashing red lights - the RROD version - with their own two eyes. Doesn't matter if it was yours, a friend's or at a store. No tall tales, please - just real stories and not second-hand crap about how someone's 360 crapped out on them and you didn't see the actual console flashing lights.

For me, yeah, I had my 360 crap out, but my son was about 2-3 when he was running in my media room/home theater, tripped over a controller cord and pulled the 360 off the shelf. Within a week or two, I got it but could still play games. And it got worse so I called MS and they sent a coffin and repaired it.

Since I got my 360 fixed, it works great.

Next time, I'll likely just get it fixed and buy a 360 with HDMI outputs anyhow. 

Around the Network

nope, however people say that where I keep my 360 it wont be long before it overheats, should I move it? Someone tell me.

javascript:showPic('pics/1400380aaa.jpg');
javascript:showPic('pics/1400380aaa.jpg');

Also is the rrod caused by overheating? I heard it was.

I've only actually seen 1 RRod in person. but three out of the 4 people I know who have 360s have had at least 1 rrod.

3x

And they were all mine... Most recent was 3 mos. ago.

ot - Welcome back madskillz

My 360 gave me a single red light once, but I've never once seen the RROD in person.

Around the Network

all of my close friends 360's have rrod'd at least twice for each of them (round 8 in total), though i've only seen it happen 3 times. once was the day before halo 3 was released and we were playing fifa, once on halo 3 release day when he switched it on, and once like a few months back. i have the hdmi 360 so i don't expect mine to break down.

I've experienced it once on my 4 months old 360, returned it to the shop and traded it for a PS3.

DMeisterJ said:
3x

Source of the bitterness CONFIRMED!!!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I have seen the RRoD on My brothers 360, he used the towel trick to get about 3more weeks out of the system before it died for good. But the return on dead 360's is really fast, plus the 3year warranty is pretty good.

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
3x

Source of the bitterness CONFIRMED!!!!!

Or shall we say justified?