By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Left leaning ABC network cancels Last Man Standing.

glimmer_of_hope said:

Approximately 2 months after Tim Allen said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that Hollywood acts like "1930's Germany" for basically having conservative views the show was cancelled even after having strong ratings.

This follows on the heals of other communist like actions from the intolerant Left such as:

Shutting down Milo Yiannopoulos twitter account and protesting his Berkeley speech.

Protesting Ann Coulter again trying to speak at Berkeley.

Google censoring and demonitizing Right leaning views.

Why is the Left so against free speech? Why must they protest anyone that has a different opinion from theirs?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/11/abc-cancels-conservative-last-man-standing-despite-the-shows-successful-ratings/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rpWLLPQSA&t=178

Why make a thread about free speech if you don't know what it means? Milo was shut down on Twitter but Twitter isnt a public arena that everyone has access to, so it doesnt have anything to do with free speech. Tomi Lahren lost her job, not the right to say her opinion. And the right to protest IS free speech! But the right has a tendency to be sensitive snow flakes whenever they are criticized ☺.

Around the Network

Netflix has removed Merlin in Belgium. Fuck them. They're obviously extremely left leaning, cause they remove good shows just to bully good conservative Christian people like me.

foodfather said:
Damn I actually liked the show. It was actually funny. Sitcoms have been largley awful the last few years especially since Community went away. Sucks. Fuck ABC.

I liked it too and i was also sad to see Community go bye bye.

irstupid said:
Arminillo said:
idk, i think the show parodied conservative stereotypes to make a joke out of them, im sure it had many liberal writers who got a kick out of making the situations.

Pretty sure Tim Allen got asked about the writing in the show, due to it being conservative leaning show, and he said all the jokes are written by liberal writters. 

Chris Hu said:

Nope the show was shit and so are all other sitcoms that have laugh tracks glad that it and Dr Ken got cancelled two less shit laugh track infused sitcoms.

DOes not matter what you think of the quailty. The show put out numbers. People were watching it. Cancelling it makes no financial sense. 

Nope, not only was it a typical shit laugh track infused sitcom its ratings where slipping.

Chris Hu said:
irstupid said:

Pretty sure Tim Allen got asked about the writing in the show, due to it being conservative leaning show, and he said all the jokes are written by liberal writters. 

DOes not matter what you think of the quailty. The show put out numbers. People were watching it. Cancelling it makes no financial sense. 

Nope, not only was it a typical shit laugh track infused sitcom its ratings where slipping.

The network’s side is — silence. The unstated argument? Don’t be a conspiracy theorist. It’s all about the ratings, ratings, ratings.

But then again, ratings for the show, in its sixth season, were top. As Deadline reported, the show was the second-highest comedy this past season, second only to “Modern Family.” And for a contrast in numbers?

“Last Man Standing” brought in 8.1 million viewers. “Modern Family” averaged around 8.7 million.

The above is tooken from an article on Washington Times.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/may/12/tim-allens-curiously-canceled-conservative-last-ma/

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
glimmer_of_hope said:

Approximately 2 months after Tim Allen said in an interview with Jimmy Kimmel that Hollywood acts like "1930's Germany" for basically having conservative views the show was cancelled even after having strong ratings.

This follows on the heals of other communist like actions from the intolerant Left such as:

Shutting down Milo Yiannopoulos twitter account and protesting his Berkeley speech.

Protesting Ann Coulter again trying to speak at Berkeley.

Google censoring and demonitizing Right leaning views.

Why is the Left so against free speech? Why must they protest anyone that has a different opinion from theirs?

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/11/abc-cancels-conservative-last-man-standing-despite-the-shows-successful-ratings/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7rpWLLPQSA&t=178s

LOL this has nothing to do with the left the show suck and so do all sitcoms that have laugh tracks I'm surprized it lasted more then one season because it wasn't very good next they need to cancel Dr. Ken another laugh track infused sitcom that isn't very good.

Not saying they didn't use a laugh track but I'm pretty darn sure that show had a live studio audience ... I'm not sure that many shows still do, which if correct is a shame from an actor's point of view.

vivster said:
craighopkins said:
ABC is fake news

No wonder. They're affiliated with the extreme left Alphabet.

Ha, now that was a good one.

axumblade said:
Chris Hu said:

Totally agree Home Improvement pretty much sucked also and so did pretty much all sitcoms from the 90s that had laugh tracks.  The Wonder Years was pretty much the only great comedy on ABC from the 90s since it didn't have a laugh track.

Tim Allen has made one terrible thing after another. I feel like karma canceled his new show to make up for the fact there are 3 Santa Clause movies.

but, but Galaxy Quest ... I miss Rickman

Chris Hu said:
o_O.Q said:

because that is what the left side of the spectrum has always been about - control

hitler was a leftist, stalin was a leftist etc etc etc

fascism is spawned from the left

LOL you are clueless Hitler and the Nazis where right wingers.  All groups that spread racism and intollerance are right wingers.

Kind of funny that the OP gets jumped on for making a generalization against the "left" by several different posters but nothing is said against this generalization ... perhaps they haven't read it, perhaps it carries less weight since it isn't the original post, perhaps it's because they don't lean right so they don't care, perhaps it's because you posted it .... perhaps perhaps perhaps

The_Yoda said:
Chris Hu said:

LOL this has nothing to do with the left the show suck and so do all sitcoms that have laugh tracks I'm surprized it lasted more then one season because it wasn't very good next they need to cancel Dr. Ken another laugh track infused sitcom that isn't very good.

Not saying they didn't use a laugh track but I'm pretty darn sure that show had a live studio audience ... I'm not sure that many shows still do, which if correct is a shame from an actor's point of view.

Shows that are filmed in front of a live studio audience still use laugh tracks.  The only ones that dodn't are the ones that actually air live and game shows and talent shows.  Anway shows that are filmed on a closed set or on locations always are better and have a much better production value.