By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Persona 5 Crimson will come out on Nintendo Switch end of Year/Early next year! (Japan)

Might happen, but it is still way too early for it.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
tbone51 said:

Ask any1 here, i wouldnt be tbone51 if i didnt make BOLD predictions. Good news is my track record is pretty good, so there is a chance... Joking aside Its a fair prediction excluding the timing. If it were to ever happen it wouldnt be so close sure.

That said there are plenty of good reasons why it can come to switch. I listed some throughout the thread. Its not like FFXV where switch probably cant handle it. P5 is totally possible and financially it makes sense.

And i do more than jackshit if i did mention the spin off no? Dont worry im getting p5 for ps4, so you can relax. Its not like my prediction is anywhere close to guaranteed. Now i hope it comes to switch just to shut you down as well as some others. I love to serve me some crow :O

I remember you being wrong on the last prediction you made, that one about Zelda scoring a 98 or 99 on Metacritic, tho.

Its a 97, very close. And i said good track record. It doesnt mean i get 100% things correct. What i mean by good track record is things correct and if not very close. By the way im talking BOLD predictions which are well BOLD and most dont come true. (But mine does :p)

tbone51 said:
StarOcean said:

You know jackshit. And yes, that was a spin off. And I do believe the Persona games will eventually find their way on Switch or other future Nintendo systems. But beg porting for it this early isnt going to happen and you know it. 

Ask any1 here, i wouldnt be tbone51 if i didnt make BOLD predictions. Good news is my track record is pretty good, so there is a chance... Joking aside Its a fair prediction excluding the timing. If it were to ever happen it wouldnt be so close sure.

That said there are plenty of good reasons why it can come to switch. I listed some throughout the thread. Its not like FFXV where switch probably cant handle it. P5 is totally possible and financially it makes sense.

And i do more than jackshit if i did mention the spin off no? Dont worry im getting p5 for ps4, so you can relax. Its not like my prediction is anywhere close to guaranteed. Now i hope it comes to switch just to shut you down as well as some others. I love to serve me some crow :O

Theres a difference between bold and stupid. What you predicted was not bold. It literally makes no sense for an enhanced port so soon whatsoever. Looking at Atlus' track record you'd know that. But you didn't check. At all.

It has nothing to do with relaxing. It has to do with this being the worst "prediction" I've seen here in a while. Zero effort was made on research or anything else. Buy howver many copies you want.

Also, I said it was coming to Switch twice. Twice. So I don't know what it'd do to "shut me down". But since you obviously couldn't read what I said before it's not worth giving you my time. 

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

1) Ok cool, then lets just hope this doesnt happen again and they keep with the current D5 strategy or else from now on PS will always end up with the shittiest version of Disgaea.

2) Yeah, but now they dont have any other handheld option, so from now on PS + Nintendo for the handheld version is most certainly how its gonna be.

"shittiest" is a really poor wording, as I always play the original version and it's always a blast, plus I don't have to wait for a port to come (though I could only play Disgaea 5 recently anyway).

No problem for me, same point as above, they are fully enjoyable as they release, those are usually the versions I want to play anyway, plus I don't have to wait more than the necessary.

If Sony drops making handhelds it would be a non-issue to me, never owned one to begin with, what I want is on their consoles.

I said shittiest because it is to me, a version of a game that has more content including stuff that improves gameplay will always be of better value and more enjoyable than the vanilla version, thats the reason why i  bought the handheld versions of D1 and 2 and why i bought all the DLC for D5.

Also i dont even know why we are shifting the conversation to this... the matter at hand is that Disgaea landed on Nintendo and will more than likely remain there, (since it literally has no other place to go for handhelds and what better place than the Switch), and this works as the perfect analogy for P5 which has also always had a Handheld version with added stuff for each of their mainline games, and now that Sony doesnt have a handheld they can port their games to, then why would they not put it on the Switch?, do people think they arent gonna put it on the Switch so they can make the PS fanboys happy?.

I mean i like exclusives, they are a huge reason why i buy a console in the first place, but at the same time i understand this is a bussiness and there is no reason for Atlus not making a Switch port.

BraLoD said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Ask me and I'll say you're not tbone51! You haven't been since you stopped having an avy. You're just another one of those avatarless alts that should get banned. The only question is who's alt are you? weazel? toastboy? zero?

Agreed, profiles without avatars are automatically alts and should be permabanned.

Can a mod give me an avatar? I cant do it. You all keep bothering me with this lmao

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
outlawauron said:

Persona 4 Arena is a sequel to Persona 4. If Persona 5 Jazzing All Night got released on Switch, Noble's post is still true.

eh, I'd still consider P4A to be an iteration of P4. It literally has P4 in the name after all

And please no P5 Jazzing All Night   I'd prefer that to a fighter... but still!

That doesn't make any sense though. It's a different game that explains more of what happened after Persona 4 and links the casts of P3 and P4 together in a common goal.

Is Final Fantasy X-2 an iteration? I'd argue otherwise.

I only mentioned "Jazzing All Night" because it's not that far fetched with how well P4: Dancing All Night did on the Vita.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
routsounmanman said:
Monster Hunter was never on a Nintendo platform until MH Tri :/

Well, is Nintendo willing to pay Sega to get Persona on the platform? 

Seeing as how "friendly" both Atlus is towards Nintendo handhelds and SEGA in general, I doubt that would require too much money, if at all. It's certainly possible.

All the more because, as it has been prementioned, Switch acts as a VITA replacement in Japan, and we saw P4 Golden on it.

I could be a little biased though, I REALLY want P5 on Switch :(

daredevil.shark said:
Port begging thread aka prediction thread. Nice. Without valid sources it cant be said about its new release.

Just because you have to be put in check ✔

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8376872

Where was your valid source at? And to act like its set in stone makes your post even worse lol

routsounmanman said:
outlawauron said:

Well, is Nintendo willing to pay Sega to get Persona on the platform? 

Seeing as how "friendly" both Atlus is towards Nintendo handhelds and SEGA in general, I doubt that would require too much money, if at all. It's certainly possible.

All the more because, as it has been prementioned, Switch acts as a VITA replacement in Japan, and we saw P4 Golden on it.

I could be a little biased though, I REALLY want P5 on Switch :(

The formula for the past two generations has been: SMT on Nintendo platforms (DS, 3DS, and Wii U all have SMT in some form) with the Persona games on Sony platforms (PS3, PSP, Vita, and PS4).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Bandorr said:
StarOcean said:
That's a horrible prediction. First, Persona games wait a few years before they re-release elsewhere. Second, Atlus is working on a Shin Megami Tensei game for Switch as it is on top of remaking Strange Journey for 3DS. Thinking it'd be out by the end of this year/early next year would be stupid.

Will it hit the Switch? If all goes well, probably. That soon? Hell no.

OP knows nothing about the series

A bit aggressive, but also quite on the money.

Will it come to switch? It isn't impossible.

Is a remake of the game with added characters, content, story etc - coming the end of this year? Basically a YEAR after? No. Or early next year barely making it a year and a half? No.

Here is your problem, though i understand it is very very very unlikely (aka my bold prediction thread) it doesnt mean its impossible. 

Just because in the past p3+p4 turned into p3e+p4g with years after each installment comes out (then on handheld) doesnt mean its always going to follow that pattern. You both sound like the exact same guys that said the same thinf with Gamefreak.

Gamefreak had 4 generations vs Atlus 2 that had the similar pattern yet gen 5 + gen 6 changed. I bet if some1 predicted that before black2white2 was announced they get the same treatment im getting.

@Star

"Theres a difference between bold and stupid. What you predicted was not bold. It literally makes no sense for an enhanced port so soon whatsoever. Looking at Atlus' track record you'd know that. But you didn't check. At all."

Obviously im not looking at track record as this is a prediction not going for the obvious. And it makes sense it works for capcom doesnt it (and they port an enhance version to the same platform a year later) with Monster Hunter