By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: Persona 5 Crimson will come out on Nintendo Switch end of Year/Early next year! (Japan)

outlawauron said:
routsounmanman said:

Seeing as how "friendly" both Atlus is towards Nintendo handhelds and SEGA in general, I doubt that would require too much money, if at all. It's certainly possible.

All the more because, as it has been prementioned, Switch acts as a VITA replacement in Japan, and we saw P4 Golden on it.

I could be a little biased though, I REALLY want P5 on Switch :(

The formula for the past two generations has been: SMT on Nintendo platforms (DS, 3DS, and Wii U all have SMT in some form) with the Persona games on Sony platforms (PS3, PSP, Vita, and PS4).

What was the formula for FFI - FFVI? :3

Things change, and with Switch taking over Japan (and at least very respectable sales in the west), Atlus' good relationship with Nintendo I think it's quite probable.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
tbone51 said:

Its a 97, very close. And i said good track record. It doesnt mean i get 100% things correct. What i mean by good track record is things correct and if not very close. By the way im talking BOLD predictions which are well BOLD and most dont come true. (But mine does :p)

97 isn't 98 or 99, so it's wrong, I didn't say it was far off.
Also I said I remember you being wrong on the last prediction you made (at least that I saw) and not that you are always wrong or not always right, just that the last record I have on mind was wrong.

Also my prediction to Zelda score back in 2014 was as close as yours, as I have a 96, actually it was right for the Wii U version, which was what I predicted it for, so yeah, your was bold but still wrong, as was mine, so it doesn't help much xP

Bruuuuuiiiiuuuuuiiiuuuuhhhhh lol Fine i was wrong with the 97 (which is still cray cray sort of). Nice to remember only my wrong prediction :/

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:

Gamefreak had 4 generations vs Atlus 2 that had the similar pattern yet gen 5 + gen 6 changed. I bet if some1 predicted that before black2white2 was announced they get the same treatment im getting.

For good reason though. If there's an established pattern that has been going for awhile and you predict something different to happen with no actual evidence to support it... you're not making a good prediction, you're just throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Honestly your whole "bold" prediction schtick sounds a lot more like you're just saying things even you don't think will actually happen just on the off chance that you might be right, rather than actually making bold predictions...

That is somewhat accurate. I can live with this. Ill most likely (highly likely) be wrong. You can rub it in when the time comes. But, just but if im right? This thread will be more golden than Persona 4

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:

I said shittiest because it is to me, a version of a game that has more content including stuff that improves gameplay will always be of better value and more enjoyable than the vanilla version, thats the reason why i  bought the handheld versions of D1 and 2 and why i bought all the DLC for D5.

Also i dont even know why we are shifting the conversation to this... the matter at hand is that Disgaea landed on Nintendo and will more than likely remain there, (since it literally has no other place to go for handhelds and what better place than the Switch), and this works as the perfect analogy for P5 which has also always had a Handheld version with added stuff for each of their mainline games, and now that Sony doesnt have a handheld they can port their games to, then why would they not put it on the Switch?, do people think they arent gonna put it on the Switch so they can make the PS fanboys happy?.

I mean i like exclusives, they are a huge reason why i buy a console in the first place, but at the same time i understand this is a bussiness and there is no reason for Atlus not making a Switch port.

I was simply answering you, it got here this way, I started pointing out Disgaea case was different and we got here that way.

Also, I have already said more than once here that if Sony doesn't have a new handheld it has good chances to land on the Switch eventually, P5, but what we got into was that Disgaea 5 isn't the same thing as Persona 5, Disgaea was already on the DS with the first game, and the this one isn't the same as what happened with it once it was ported to the PSP/PSV, so it's not really the same case.

About the fanboy part, as I also already said more than once as well, if there is no deal between Sony and Atlus/Sega and no other handheld from Sony, it's likely to eventually hit the Switch, indeed, I've always gone into the subject with a business standpoint to being with.

Again, I just pointed to you Disgaea 5 and Persona 5 are different cases.

They are more similar than different, outside of that one disgaea game that landed on another platform every thing else is very similar, both had exclusive main line games to playstation with an upgraded version for their handheld and both had spinoff games that also landed in other platforms, the whole its not the same because this one Disgaea main line game landed on another platform before seems like nitpicking, i mean i think it should be obvious that you dont need to be 100% the same for an analogy to work.

tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

For good reason though. If there's an established pattern that has been going for awhile and you predict something different to happen with no actual evidence to support it... you're not making a good prediction, you're just throwing shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks.

Honestly your whole "bold" prediction schtick sounds a lot more like you're just saying things even you don't think will actually happen just on the off chance that you might be right, rather than actually making bold predictions...

That is somewhat accurate. I can live with this. Ill most likely (highly likely) be wrong. You can rub it in when the time comes. But, just but if im right? This thread will be more golden than Persona 4

So, it's like going fishing I guess? You're casting a lot, and probably won't get much, but you do it hoping for the big one? Is that baiting? I don't know.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
tbone51 said:

So, it's like going fishing I guess? You're casting a lot, and probably won't get much, but you do it hoping for the big one? Is that baiting? I don't know

Think bigger than the big one! 

No. Never. Not happening. The Switch will get the next Persona Q game and will most likely feature Persona 5 characters but no Nintendo system will ever get Persona 5.

Kowan said:
No. Never. Not happening. The Switch will get the next Persona Q game and will most likely feature Persona 5 characters but no Nintendo system will ever get Persona 5.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Switch got Persona 5. It's not like Sony owns the Persona IP.

Ka-pi96 said:
UltimateUnknown said:
I think with the popularity of the Persona series sky high right now, I think we will see Persona 6 much sooner this time, within 2-3 years around the end of the PS4's life cycle. This may sound ridiculous but Persona 4 was released 2 years after Persona 3 in Japan, so I think Atlus is working on Persona 6 right now.

There'll probably be a couple of spinoffs in the mean time, most likely Persona 5 Arena or something of the like, a fighting game. And maybe something like Persona Q starring the P5 cast.

I'd love that to be the case!

With that survey they had asking about dancing/fighting game spinoffs of P5 however I wouldn't be surprised if they try and milk P5 for all its worth before moving on again. I just hope the fact they're owned by Sega now means they have the resources to both work on P6 sooner and put out spinoffs at the same time!

The good news is that Atlus has been expanding at an incredibly rapid rate since last year as stated by their CEO. They have three different studios at this point, one making SMT games like SMT4 that came out on 3DS, the second called P-Studio which is dedicated to making Persona games at this point, and the third is a new studio they established recently to make their new fantasy RPG. But Atlus has stated that their main focus right now is making Persona games, so P-Studio is dedicated to making future installments/spin offs for that series without having to take any breaks as they did with Catherine I believe between P4 and P5.

They can easily have a Persona 5 fighting game made by Arcsys as they did for P4A and P4U. In fact Arcsys has been pretty quite about their future fighting game installments after GGRev2, so they may very well be working on the next Persona fighting game right now. They could also have their Etrian Oddessey team make another PQ like spinoff. In any case, Atlus can put out P5 spinoffs while having their core Persona studio focusing on Persona 6 with their current studio structure and expansion.

Kowan said:

Explain? Explain!