By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Europe seems to don`t care much about Switch

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

You linked to scalpers hardly concrete evidence, you can come down and meet me at Camden with a camera if you want an we can go into as many stores in central London for stock if you want. My brother has been trying to pick one up since launch, your argument is comical as you're classing scalpers as stock.

Ebuyer and Shopto both have stock of the Switch online to order for delivery.

414 Argos stores currently have stock available to collect for the Grey Switch, and 220 Argos stores have stock to collect for the Neon Switch.There's been plenty of places to pick up a switch these last couple of days, your brother shouldn't have a problem.

There has been a massive restock here for MK8D and it's still severely supply constrained.Tbh i can't see any of the stock left here lasting the weekend. Smh, i can't believe youare arguing about U.K. sales with those of us that actually live here!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

You linked to scalpers hardly concrete evidence, you can come down and meet me at Camden with a camera if you want an we can go into as many stores in central London for stock if you want. My brother has been trying to pick one up since launch, your argument is comical as you're classing scalpers as stock.

Ebuyer and Shopto both have stock of the Switch online to order for delivery.

414 Argos stores currently have stock available to collect for the Grey Switch, and 220 Argos stores have stock to collect for the Neon Switch.There's been plenty of places to pick up a switch these last couple of days, your brother shouldn't have a problem.

We've just tried going to several Argos, when you go to the actual store to pick up it isn't in stock Argos have some flawed system that they either don't update fast enough or works in a strange way, online stores keep delaying orders I think more orders are coming in before they can update.

UK is a struggle!

Switch!!!

UK has always been a trickier market for Nintendo, but Germany and France are doing well for Switch.

If Nintendo is doing great in US, Canada, Japan, Germany, and France, I think they'll more than take that.

It is still supply constrained on Amazon Germany. The cheapest Switch you can get from amazon.de is €400 (the €329 model shipping with prime is sold out and will "ship when available"). It's been like that since launch. Joy-Cons are also sold out and only available for high prices from third party sellers. 

And I wonder where that "Sony always dominates in Europe" myth came from. Nintendo dominated in Europe during the Wii / DS generation and it's not like the Gameboy Advance collected dust on store shelves back in the day. 

Around the Network

Plenty of stock of Switch, games and accessories where I live in France

bonzobanana said:
http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-nintendo-switch

Still plenty of stock in the UK. There are some places out of stock but you have plenty of options as an alternative source.

Looks to be a slowdown here like wii u although not as bad I think. However many shops aren't pushing the Switch at all. I can't see many casual buyers getting the Switch if its not pushed in their face so to speak.

Definitely feels PS4 is the right choice when you visit shops with the xbox one as the alternative option.

As I wrote, UK is somewhat of an outlier inside the EU - and the world - regarding the Switch. For whatever reason. As UK is an important market, it influences strongly overall european numbers.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

It's out of stock in Germany. Didn't saw it in stores. It sold out on amazon.de ... so people have to wait for more supply.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

UK is an important market, but it's not the be all end all.

As long as Nintendo does very well in Germany and France, they can afford to do just "ok" in the UK. Having a big presence in 2/3 big Euro markets is not bad if you're going to be selling gangbusters in North America and doing very well in Japan. 

Soundwave said:

UK is an important market, but it's not the be all end all.

As long as Nintendo does very well in Germany and France, they can afford to do just "ok" in the UK. Having a big presence in 2/3 big Euro markets is not bad if you're going to be selling gangbusters in North America and doing very well in Japan. 

For UK you need FIFA, CoD, GTA.  That is pretty much all they buy.