By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Switch Win April NPD?

Thoughts? Does Mario Kart even count on NPD as it's April 28th? Seems like there's been a decent restock of Switch this week but they're mostly all gone already. We know it beat PS4 in Japan for April quite easily. 

Around the Network

If they shipped enough it should, but otherwise it all depends on the April 1st shipment + the Mario Kart Shipment.

Definitely will

yep

It will do it, it keeps on sold out status.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network

Yes.

Seems pretty likely to me.

bet: lost

I wonder how long Switch can stay at no.1 on NPD. Mario Kart momentum should extend into May, and July has Splatoon 2 so that will likely lead to more marketing and a increased production (though Japan may end up getting more of the systems that month). June is a bit of a question mark depending on ARMS. I'm getting it for sure but hard to gauge a new IP on the general market. 

Soundwave said:

I wonder how long Switch can stay at no.1 on NPD. Mario Kart momentum should extend into May, and July has Splatoon 2 so that will likely lead to more marketing and a increased production (though Japan may end up getting more of the systems that month). June is a bit of a question mark depending on ARMS.

What do you think about Splatoon 2 efect on sales? (not just japan but worlwide)

34 years playing games.

If it didn't do it, I'd be gravely dissapointed in Nintendo's ability to ship consoles.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.