By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493

Great points, but Sony going third party means no sucessor to the Vita, so I'm going to have to say no!

Around the Network

why should Sony go third party? why not microsoft?

A joke thread? The joke is, there really are people who are convinced this would be a good thing... for all gamers.

In reality it wouldnt be. It'd just add to the retardation - to what pseudo PC gamers of today call PC gaming- and in the end be affected by it.

Hunting Season is done...

jason1637 said:
Aeolus451 said:

You do realize that companies aren't genies that grant whatever wish you might ask of it, right?  There's not much reason to buy a console from sony if it's games are available on it's competitors hardware. If Sony ever did go third party, I doubt they would keep producing hardware for games. Sony shouldn't go third party though because it's home consoles do the best compared to it's competion. 

Every since microsoft started releasing games on XBO/WIN10 the xb1 sold a 100k more from june 2016 til jan 2017 compared to june 2015 to jam 2016 so there are people that just perfer gaming on console so that enough for Sony to release games on PC and still make consoles. Consoles can still sell well if the games are on PC

You can't contribute the increase of sales to that and that example is not proof that it would sell as well. It's games weren't on pc from launch. If any of the big 3 going third party meant that their exclusive games would be on pc then ms would already be considered third party wouldn't it? That's not what being third party actually means, though. if any of the big 3 did go third party, those exclusive games would be available on all or most platforms instead of just pc because that's what being third party means.

If ms did that, their console wouldn't sell because those games would be bought on the competing consoles. it would be a redundant console. Anyway, MS would never go third party because they want people to use their OS and to buy their consoles. Sony and Nintendo wouldn't go third party unless their hardware sold bad enough a couple times in a row. Sony and Nintendo don't have any OS to market towards anyone so they wouldn't put their exclusives just on pc. 

Do we really need a "X should go third party" post every month?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
IkePoR said:

Didn't the Xbox get a remodel and price drop in that time frame?

Doesn't really matter because the games still came to PC and the console still sold quite well.

It absolutely matters.  Slims and price drops are the biggest hardware sales boosts after system seller AAA games.  

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

So what will happen if Sony writes off Playstation consoles.
1 They will earlier produce less games and sell studios than make more games.
2 The traditional console is pretty much a relic if Sony leaves the business.
3. Sony is in tons of debt, wouldn't be surprised they if they are not going to produce consoles anymore, another company buys Sony SCE.
4 PC will get access to PS games, buy they won't be optimised and Sony will jump on the bandwagon by saying buy an extra 1080 for 4k/60fps. The only reason Sony games look good is because they have to sell a system.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I mean, I know it's a joke, but the joke it's pretty weak, Microsoft and Nintendo offer a lot more of a benefit to everyone by going 3rd party (regardless of their platform of choice) than Sony does. Normies need a way to support the industry too, and I can't see them willing to adapt to the PC space just to do so. In the end, I'd say that MS should really go 3rd party (I mean, they kinda already are) if the Switch turns out to be a worthy competitor to the Xbox One (I won't say PS4; because, you know...yeah, you know.) because at that point; why own an Xbox? Why even MAKE another Xbox?

I'm now filled with determination.

Usual thread of who does not understand the market and is a blind fan of a side, pc in this case, that want the games on pc. There would not be competition but hey it will be good if I can play this and that. Right? Hope Microsoft will return to produce true exclusives for xbox too. Maybe you didn't realize how sick the pc gaming is. I don't wanna talk about how the games run, how much fps and stuff like that, and it's already just like that. If there will be only pc for gaming prolly i'll stop playing.
Just buy yourself a PlayStation 4 if you wanna play PS4 exclusive's library. It's now available for 200 bucks, but I think from your point of view it's better to beg for all games on a PC, going to ruin the market for a whim.

It'd be good for gamers definitely, not good for Sony though. They make a tonne of money from their hardware and ecosystem.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'