By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493
Azuren said:

I don't feel like PC dying out is a good thing. I just wish PC gamers would accept that exclusives exist, and if you want to play them you'll have to buy the corresponding platform. 

The only way Sony release their games on PC is if they did it like MS: making their own storefront. And they just watched Microsoft's storefront crash, burn, and fail when their storefront is built into Windows. Sony isn't going to release on Steam, because the entire purpose of making exclusives is to get people on their platform and increase the sales figures of games like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed (from which Sony takes a cut for being on their platform). Putting, say, Uncharted 4 on Steam doesn't give Sony CoD sales, it gives Valve sales. Yeah, Sony makes some money off of their game, but they'll start hemorrhaging userbase to Stream. And that userbase is their livelihood. 

IF only gamers on the other side of the fence thought the same as well, but we're in this reality as is and they think differently like some PC gamers do.

I pointed out that someone had already come up with said idea like Steam, where they still make their own hardware a la MS, but also sell to PC the proper way (that being like a storefront, exactly like Valve's).

MS's crashed and burned because they locked it to Windows 10, they botched any and all features attached to it and lacking features that Steam has had for years (seriously, Steam is an open book, you don't ened to pay millions of dollars to open the client and see what it has, that you yourself could implement towards your own client). Also it's locked to Windows 10 only, which isn't doing so hot vs the Steam store which currently sells to:

Windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Windows 8

Windows `10

Linux

Mac OS

The windows store is incredibly limited in both it's reach and what it has to offer. If you looked into how it crashed and burned, you'd understand as to why others can make their store more ideal, than say going in blindly like MS and pulling the same stunt, then turning around and blaming the entire market, rather than what you did wrong vs what others did right. Also Steam doesn't take a 50-70% cut like we're trying to imagine here.

As for CoD sales, there are plenty of titles on all sorts of platforms that don't generate mega sales like CoD and we all clearly still celebrate said games selling at all, so I don't think every game needs to sell like CoD to be successful.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Anfebious said:

Nintendo is different. They don't value hardware over games so it wouldn't make sense for them to go third party. Their games wouldn't benefit from having powerful hardware significantly.

Sony's first party offerings do benefit from that though. Games like Uncharted, Horizon, The Last of Us, etc.

For people who don't care about 60fps and better AA you have a Nintendo console that offers a simple yet limited hardware experience. And the rest of the gamers that do value hardware over games could game on PC.

lol nice try

Now the gamers dont mather because does not make sense for nintendo company, i was thinking you all about gamers and what is better to gamers? tHEY DONT VALUE HARDWARE that is why it makes more sense for nintendo lmao

Sony is hardware maker first and software second.

And you still deny this is not a reaction thread because Bradlod made one about nintendo xD

A portion of gamers definitely don't value hardware as much as others, the Wii is proof of that.  Having both a Nintendo console and a PC would satisfy both camps. But I'm open to the idea of Nintendo going third party too. I just think that Nintendo has less reasons to go third party than Sony has.

Nintendo is both at the same time.

Belive what you want.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:

An interesting idea has been present on the minds of gamers in the last years. The concept of going third party is a taboo subject, a lot of people are against it but there are some people like me that see the benefits of going third party.

If Sony goes third party all gamers win. Don't belive me? Let's think.

Sony going third party means more money to spend on videogames.

Having all the Sony games on one platform (PC) means we can stop wasting money on outdated hardware. Money that could be spent on more games. Having Sony games enter the steam ecosystem means we could have Uncharted/Horizon/etc. at insane prices. Gamers win in the end.

PS4 hardware is inferior if we compare it to a PC.

Eliminate the need to buy a PS4 and now you have more money for games and for hardware upgrades on your PC. You could play Sony's first party games on real 4K and 60fps.

Sony's first parties would be able to realize their full potential.

Not being tied to the limitations of the PS4, Naughty Dog could make their games even better than they look today.

Sony's first parties would have increased market reach.

PC gamers can be counted on the millions, add to those the people that are buying PS4's and Sony would be sitting on a pile of cash in no time.

PC gamers will have access to videogames they could never play. And vice versa.

PC gamers could finally enjoy the first party offerings from Sony, and Sony gamers would enjoy the PC offerings. A win-win situation.

So what is your opinion?

This is a pretty solid troll thread.

Only thing I would remove was the market reach comment, but it's just not true. Everything is fair game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Being centered around a standard hardware, (outdated or not) is great, as the games wouldn't look that much better on PC. You can't spend 299 on a PC and get something like horizon. I know it's a joke thread, but, still wanted to mention something..

Though, me personally, not buying multiplats on console, I can't say that i would stick with playstation if the games were on PC. Ryzen 7 1800x + GTX 1080Ti stops the PS4, pro, and xbox scorpio.

Anfebious said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

lol nice try

Now the gamers dont mather because does not make sense for nintendo company, i was thinking you all about gamers and what is better to gamers? tHEY DONT VALUE HARDWARE that is why it makes more sense for nintendo lmao

Sony is hardware maker first and software second.

And you still deny this is not a reaction thread because Bradlod made one about nintendo xD

A portion of gamers definitely don't value hardware as much as others, the Wii is proof of that.  Having both a Nintendo console and a PC would satisfy both camps.

QFT

I know that for me it would be awesome not having to buy $300 for another plastic box similar to my PC just to play a few exclusive games that I want

But I also have the descence to know that it wouldn't be beneficial for the company to cut their income in hardware sales, that will also affect their investment in new games. With that in mind, I keep my wish to myself and don't made dishonest arguments about a win-win situation.

We reap what we sow

Around the Network
160rmf said:
Anfebious said:

A portion of gamers definitely don't value hardware as much as others, the Wii is proof of that.  Having both a Nintendo console and a PC would satisfy both camps.

QFT

I know that for me it would be awesome not having to buy $300 for another plastic box similar to my PC just to play a few exclusive games that I want

But I also have the descence to know that it wouldn't be beneficial for the company to cut their income in hardware sales, that will also affect their investment in new games. With that, I keep my wish to myself and don't made dishonest arguments about a win-win situation.

This isn't about what is beneficial for the gaming companies but about gamers. It's not dishonest in the slightest.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
160rmf said:

QFT

But I also have the descence to know that it wouldn't be beneficial for the company to cut their income in hardware sales, that will also affect their investment in new games. With that, I keep my wish to myself and don't made dishonest arguments about a win-win situation.

This isn't about what is beneficial for the gaming companies but about gamers. It's not dishonest in the slightest.

It wouldn't be beneficial for gamers if Sony cut their investment in new and better games because it lost its income from HW sales.

We reap what we sow

Anfebious said:
160rmf said:

QFT

Well it would be beneficial to me for Nintendo to port Zelda to smart phones so I won't have to fork 300$ to play it.

Safiir said:
Anfebious said:

Well it would be beneficial to me for Nintendo to port Zelda to smart phones so I won't have to fork 300$ to play it.

OMG, I quit. It's worthless. Bye thread

We reap what we sow

Safiir said:
Anfebious said:

Why not on the PS4? that way we could play it at 1080p at a locked 30 frame rate with better textures and stuff.