By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493

Loved the thread. Just explain how the constant "reasons why nintendo should go third party" could apply even to the leader of the market.

Totally against Sony and Nintendo going third party though. We need options, we need the freedom to choose. I don't like to play on PC (except for FPS) and would hate to be forced to buy a expensive PC to play the games I want.

Around the Network
Valdath said:
Anfebious said:

You eliminate the need of a PS4 you get more money to spend on hardware

The cost of PC hardware is nowhere near that much to get a higher performance than a PS4.

Besides your argument is invalid if you live in Argentina. Finding a PS4 for less than 550 dollars is really hard.

Luckly i have friends who travel all the time so it isn't that bad for me, but yeah your screwed here otherwise.

Nintendo games on PC would unironically be amazing here, can't find the Switch cheaper than 700$ locally.

Gaming in Argentina is a bad deal to be honest, prices are through the roof. Luckily, buying digital is cheaper!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
160rmf said:

They earn a lot from online service and third party deals.

They would sell a lot more software by going third party and they could even use their online service on PC. Instead of using steam, they could use the Playstation network on PC.

It's not guaranteed that they would sell more software from their own studios or that people would pay for their online service on PC.

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
Safiir said:

Sure but my reasoning was - Nintendo doesn't care about hardware, everyone has smart phones -> everyone can play Zelda. In conclusion Nintendo should go mobile.

Great reasoning, now tell me how Botw would work on smartphone? Control input, graphics and everything?

Well the premise was Nintendo doesn't care about hardware. So why would you ask me about control input, graphics and everything?

MarkkyStorm said:
Loved the thread. Just explain how the constant "reasons why nintendo should go third party" could apply even to the leader of the market.

Totally against Sony and Nintendo going third party though. We need options, we need the freedom to choose. I don't like to play on PC (except for FPS) and would hate to be forced to buy a expensive PC to play the games I want.

Yup, i feel this thread is great for extreme Sony fans to realize just how much bullying Nintendo fans get.

And yeah i'd hate for Sony or Nintendo to go third party, i love Sony cheap standard consoles with great power/price ratio to play multiplats and exclusives.

I also love Ninty's quirky consoles with unique software,

Hell i'm not really 100% behind the idea of Switch because i loved owning a dedicated Nintendo home console and a dedicated Nintemdo handheld.

Around the Network
Safiir said:
160rmf said:

Great reasoning, now tell me how Botw would work on smartphone? Control input, graphics and everything?

Well the premise was Nintendo doesn't care about hardware. So why would you ask me about control input, graphics and everything?

Where did you get this? They care about hardware, that's why they make incredible solid games... from their hardware! I know... shocking

We reap what we sow

I love this thread.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

160rmf said:
Safiir said:

Where did you get this? They care about hardware, that's why they make incredible solid games... from their hardware! I know... shocking

I got it from the OP.

Safiir said:
160rmf said:

I got it from the OP.

He meant that Nintendo don't care about high end specs, 4k res and all this futile jazz that will never affect the enjoyment of a good game.

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
Anfebious said:

A portion of gamers definitely don't value hardware as much as others, the Wii is proof of that. 

Safiir said:

I got it from the OP.

You mean that? I will help you... He meant that Nintendo GAMERS don't care about high end specs, 4k res and all this futile jazz that will never affect the enjoyment of a good game.

No, I mean that - "Nintendo is different. They don't value hardware over games so it wouldn't make sense for them to go third party. Their games wouldn't benefit from having powerful hardware significantly." Since they don't value hardware over games they should be making games for the most popular hardware around - smart phones.

P.S. I'm starting to doubt whether you realize the nature of the thread you're in. You seem to be taking this...seriously?