By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony going third party is an excellent idea for gamers.

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

Yes, I find it reasonable. 186 37.73%

No, I find it is a stupid idea. 307 62.27%

Total:493
StarOcean said:
Bandorr said:

3 Months or so. Longest time between reaction thread creation ever?

Jesus may need to lock

Is this the most divisive thread in mod history?

Around the Network
Chazore said:
StarOcean said:

Jesus may need to lock

This one was re-opened since it wasn't made in jest. That and folk like Yuri actually wanted to discuss the topic. 

If this one gets closed, then I feel it would be fair if the other was as well. 

If it was actually locked and then unlocked, then I trust whoevers judgement it was to keep it unlocked.

VGPolyglot said:
StarOcean said:

Jesus may need to lock

Is this the most divisive thread in mod history?

Judging by mod chat, its up there XD

Ka-pi96 said:
StarOcean said:

If it was actually locked and then unlocked, then I trust whoevers judgement it was to keep it unlocked.

It was Axy

In Axy we trust  

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

LipeJJ said:
I agree with all points. Microsoft could still make Xbox consoles because right now they are basically (cheaper) gaming focused PCs. And since Nintendo loves gimmicks and new concepts, they could also continue making dedicated systems. But Sony... I can't see why they would continue; they basically make weaker hardware with an OS radically different from the ones used on PC/Mac. Since they prioritize graphics and story so much on most of their games, I think they would benefit A LOT from making games to PC as they would look better than never and reach a bigger market. But anyway, they will probably do that next gen or the gen after at the latest (via a subscription service, they are kinda testing it with PS Now, I imagine a 100% online store where you could download or stream games on PC).

This.

PS is not hardware innovative and it relies on graphics... PS games can be positive impact with the power of PC.

34 years playing games.

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

An interesting idea has been present on the minds of gamers in the last years. The concept of going third party is a taboo subject, a lot of people are against it but there are some people like me that see the benefits of going third party.

If Sony goes third party all gamers win. Don't belive me? Let's think.

Sony going third party means more money to spend on videogames.

Having all the Sony games on one platform (PC) means we can stop wasting money on outdated hardware. Money that could be spent on more games. Having Sony games enter the steam ecosystem means we could have Uncharted/Horizon/etc. at insane prices. Gamers win in the end.

PS4 hardware is inferior if we compare it to a PC.

Eliminate the need to buy a PS4 and now you have more money for games and for hardware upgrades on your PC. You could play Sony's first party games on real 4K and 60fps.

Sony's first parties would be able to realize their full potential.

Not being tied to the limitations of the PS4, Naughty Dog could make their games even better than they look today.

Sony's first parties would have increased market reach.

PC gamers can be counted on the millions, add to those the people that are buying PS4's and Sony would be sitting on a pile of cash in no time.

PC gamers will have access to videogames they could never play. And vice versa.

PC gamers could finally enjoy the first party offerings from Sony, and Sony gamers would enjoy the PC offerings. A win-win situation.

So what is your opinion?

Disagree.

1. Not everyone is a PC gamer so how do I save money from this?

2. This is something for PC enthusiasts only. Most gaming PCs aren't as capable as a PS4, which is why the most played PC games are made to run on low specs. I suppose it is a valid positive if you're still gaming on desktops.

3. Only if full potential means buggy, less optimised games. Because that's what would occur if they have to develop for multiple platforms. And the "limitations" that you're talking about is just visual?

4. Possibly - if they can sell their games to the Chinese market because that's where most of the pic gamers who don't own a PS4 reside in. Will China embrace a game like The Last of Us or Gran Turismo?

5. This point is just a repeat. Doesn't benefit me at all.

This topic should have been "Sony going 3rd party is an excellent idea for me".

Anfebious said:

An interesting idea has been present on the minds of gamers in the last years. The concept of going third party is a taboo subject, a lot of people are against it but there are some people like me that see the benefits of going third party.

Having all the Sony games on one platform (PC) means we can stop wasting money on outdated hardware. Money that could be spent on more games. Having Sony games enter the steam ecosystem means we could have Uncharted/Horizon/etc. at insane prices. Gamers win in the end.

Eliminate the need to buy a PS4 and now you have more money for games and for hardware upgrades on your PC. You could play Sony's first party games on real 4K and 60fps.

Not being tied to the limitations of the PS4, Naughty Dog could make their games even better than they look today.

PC gamers can be counted on the millions, add to those the people that are buying PS4's and Sony would be sitting on a pile of cash in no time.

PC gamers could finally enjoy the first party offerings from Sony, and Sony gamers would enjoy the PC offerings. A win-win situation.

So what is your opinion?

You just don't want to buy a PS4, but you want to play the games. Just admit it.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If they all went 3rd party you would see a drop in the number of gamers. My dad has a Wii and a PS3, he bought them for Zelda and Skyrim. He would not be playing games on the PC. There would be many others like him that would not bother with, nor have the know how to upgrade their own hardware to be able to play current games. Most people here have no idea how much companies charge to come into your home and work on your PC. Even taking your computer in to have a card installed is outrageous (compared to how easy it is).

We on this site are a minority, we are tech savy to varying degrees. Most of the gamers out there are not. They need a simple accessible experience that consoles provide otherwise they will spend their entertainment dollars elsewhere.

deskpro2k3 said:
Anfebious said:

So what is your opinion?

You just don't want to buy a PS4, but you want to play the games. Just admit it.

What if he doesn't, what's so Satanic about that?. I've seen plenty of folk around the net who voice their desire of wanting to play games that are exclusive to PC, but want to play said games on their consoles, are you going to chastise them while you're at it, or is this only when PC gamers do it kinda gig?. 

I mean, we've already had a label provided by Azuren that it must only be PC gamers who have said "mindset", but never anyone else, so I'm to assume that this is a textbook fact that I've apparently not been aware of.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"