By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
I think current sales of Switch are gonna piss off some people.

But only some. Most are still in the stage of denial where they tell themselves that Wii U had a good launch as well, so the numbers Switch achieves mean nothing.

The summer months will move most people from denial to anger, so there will be a lot more anti-Switch posts and threads.

Switch is a fad / Switch soccer moms / 25 million kids bought Switches / Switch has not game XXX

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:
I think current sales of Switch are gonna piss off some people.

But only some. Most are still in the stage of denial where they tell themselves that Wii U had a good launch as well, so the numbers Switch achieves mean nothing.

The summer months will move most people from denial to anger, so there will be a lot more anti-Switch posts and threads.

Would those posts get more or less frequent if the Switch actually does get third party games?

(COD WW2 runs at a lower P, it's trash!)

(But I just want to play it even if I'm on the toilet....)

(TRASH!)

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Red Dead Redemption 2 just got delayed to 2018. So the only true AAA multiplat not coming to Switch this year is Shadow of Mordor.

Bandorr said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Red Dead Redemption 2 just got delayed to 2018. So the only true AAA multiplat not coming to Switch this year is Shadow of Mordor.

Are you not including Star wars 2, and Destiny 2 for any particular reason?

Yeah. Both franchises got a sub 80 meta. Neither Battlefront nor Destiny were must have games. 

Bandorr said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Yeah. Both franchises got a sub 80 meta. Neither Battlefront nor Destiny were must have games. 

Ah so you are going subjective instead of objective. Narrowing the list simply by games you prefer with metacritic as a very odd deciding point of what is a "AAA muiltiplat".   Explains how you left off so many many games.

Well it's all subjective at the end of the day. Battlefront and Destiny were both AAA games, but they were failures. You don't throw bucketfuls of money at an IP and come out with a sub 80 metascore. That's just embarrassing. 

Might as well get hyped for For Honor II, COD Ultimate Dog Warfare XII, Legend of Dragoon 2, Duke Nukem Forever Part 2 and Too Human 2. 

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Bandorr said:

Are you not including Star wars 2, and Destiny 2 for any particular reason?

I would agree with you if this thread were about the quality of games, but since it's mostly about sales, I think Battlefront and Destiny are relevant.

Bandorr said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Well it's all subjective at the end of the day. Battlefront and Destiny were both AAA games, but they were failures. You don't throw bucketfuls of money at an IP and come out with a sub 80 metascore. That's just embarrassing. 

"AAA multiplat" is objective, not subjective.  Also using metacritic as a "they were failures" guide line is well.. That's just embarassing.  Most people go with sales, how well it sold, how much money was made etc.

And by the same point using "metacritic" as the guide line automatically ignores all new IPs. At least until they are announced and reviewed.

In that case Switch sucks because it didn't get No Man's Sky. 

Is the OP's argument that Switch sucks because it isn't getting high selling multiplats?

If so that's a bad argument. The quality of games on a system determines that system's worth, not sales figures of forgettable games. 

Let's not count our eggs before they hatch with new IPs. 

If all the FPSbros had an open mind, they'd find that Splatoon is infinitely better than all the Destinys, CoDs, and Battlefronts. That's why the original Splatoon won Shooter of the Year 2015. 

Bandorr said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

In that case Switch sucks because it didn't get No Man's Sky. 

Is the OP's argument that Switch sucks because it isn't getting high selling multiplats?

If so that's a bad argument. The quality of games on a system determines that system's worth, not sales figures of forgettable games. 

Let's not count our eggs before they hatch with new IPs. 

If all the FPSbros had an open mind, they'd find that Splatoon is infinitely better than all the Destinys, CoDs, and Battlefronts. That's why the original Splatoon won Shooter of the Year 2015. 

Yeah I can tell where this conversation is going.  You talk about being open minded - yet you seem very close minded in your entire thought process. 

And this is coming from someone that finds zero interest in Destiny/COD/Battlefront. Yet you try and ignore them because of a metacritic store? Calling them "forgetting ables" is just beyond embarassing.

You simply want to ignore them, because they are ignoring your system of choice. That is very far and away from being "open minded".

Oh and don't be surprised when I don't respond to you further.  It just means I have no interest in talking to a brick wall. Have a good day.

My system of choice is PS4. Switch is a companion device. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Bandorr said:

Yeah I can tell where this conversation is going.  You talk about being open minded - yet you seem very close minded in your entire thought process. 

And this is coming from someone that finds zero interest in Destiny/COD/Battlefront. Yet you try and ignore them because of a metacritic store? Calling them "forgetting ables" is just beyond embarassing.

You simply want to ignore them, because they are ignoring your system of choice. That is very far and away from being "open minded".

Oh and don't be surprised when I don't respond to you further.  It just means I have no interest in talking to a brick wall. Have a good day.

My system of choice is PS4. Switch is a companion device. 

That burn, though.

Nintendo is still around and have been missing blockbusters for years and years, I cant understand why people still want to bring it up