By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021
KazumaKiryu said:
leo-j said:

DESTINY 2(Coming of what is considered the 2nd biggest franchise this gen)

STAR WARS BATTLE FRONT 2(Millions guaranteed as it launches near the movie)

RED DEAD REDEMPTION (the country GTA)

those three are likely going to sell well over 10 million units..... and will release on PS4/xbone/pc

no switch announcements...... does this bold well for its future?

Here the update, from the last 2 weeks. Yes..its the future, i think.

All for PlayStation 4, but none for Switch: Read Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Shadow of Mordor & Need for Speed & Call of Duty and Pro Evolution Soccer, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Destiny 2, no Mass Effect Andromeda, Persona 5, Marvel vs Capcon Infinite, TLOHeroes Trails of Cold Steel III, Dragons Dogma, The Lost Child, the next Remedy-Game, Tekken 7, Tropico 6 and more new big Games & AAA-Games. The switch is only for nintendo fans in future, i think. Because many important games do not appear on the switch.

i read: "It’s looking like FIFA 18 on Switch wasn’t made with the Frostbite engine, and at least one mode is missing. FIFA 18’s Switch version is likely more in line with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions as opposed to PS4 and Xbox One". nobody needs weak multi-games on switch, so please nintendo - 2018, a new stronger switch with better hardware, that is my wish. My opinion: The switch is too weak for many great games. And many big (3/4) developers have no interest, especially from usa and europe. The latest new games-announcements show this.

people don't give a damn
NS     364,625
PS4     182,792
XOne     78,319

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Here the update, from the last 2 weeks. Yes..its the future, i think.

All for PlayStation 4, but none for Switch: Read Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Shadow of Mordor & Need for Speed & Call of Duty and Pro Evolution Soccer, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Destiny 2, no Mass Effect Andromeda and Persona 5 in future, Tropico 6 and more new big Games & AAA-Games.

It’s looking like FIFA 18 on Switch wasn’t made with the Frostbite engine, and at least one mode is missing. FIFA 18’s Switch version is likely more in line with the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions as opposed to PS4 and Xbox One. My opinion: The switch is too weak for many games. And many developers have no interest, especially from usa and europe. The latest new announcements show this.

Is the switch even actually getting Fifa 18?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-26-theres-fifa-18-and-theres-ea-sports-fifa-on-the-nintendo-switch

I remember reading about this before. They are calling the switch version "EA SPORTS FIFA" instead of Fifa 18. So perhaps a different enough game to warrant the new title.

very interesting. okay - thanks for the info!!

Veknoid_Outcast said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Here the update, from the last 2 weeks.

(..) This is the kind of thread "AAA" game enthusiasts try to bury after the fact, not revivify.

Why so aggressive? Thread is: None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017. The fact is that the games do not appear on Switch - which have been in the last days/weeks announced:
Shadow of Mordor 2, the next Need for Speed & Call of Duty, Pro Evolution Soccer and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 this year. Also the developer of Tropico 6 dont have interest. Please dont forget: We're talking about Games support. These are only games - not a religion. If only Nintendo games bring and 1/4 of all developers, then it is for me a pure Nintendo console - like the wiiu. If you have a different opinion, please accept the opinion of other people. The west Games-support does not look good, I find. Big games are important. But i wish you a great week.

there are rumors about codww2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4huMRjH4M68

KazumaKiryu said:
Bandorr said:

Is the switch even actually getting Fifa 18?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-26-theres-fifa-18-and-theres-ea-sports-fifa-on-the-nintendo-switch

I remember reading about this before. They are calling the switch version "EA SPORTS FIFA" instead of Fifa 18. So perhaps a different enough game to warrant the new title.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

(..) This is the kind of thread "AAA" game enthusiasts try to bury after the fact, not revivify.

Why so aggressive? Thread is: None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017. The fact is that the games do not appear on Switch - which have been in the last days/weeks announced:
Shadow of Mordor 2, the next Need for Speed & Call of Duty, Pro Evolution Soccer, and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 this year. Also the developer of Tropico 6 dont have interest. If only Nintendo games bring and 1/4 of all developers, then it is for me a pure Nintendo console - like the wiiu. If you have a different opinion, please accept the opinion of other people. The west Games-support does not look good, I find. Big games are important. But i wish you a great week.

I understand the thread. The thesis is: "no switch announcements...... does this bold well for its future? I think not...."

This is a thesis being disproven every week. That's why I questioned the decision to bump it. You clearly believe in the importance of these "blockbuster" games. The numbers indicate Switch is selling without them.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
KazumaKiryu said:

Shadow of Mordor 2, the next Need for Speed & Call of Duty, Pro Evolution Soccer, and Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 this year. Also the developer of Tropico 6 dont have interest. If only Nintendo games bring and 1/4 of all developers, then it is for me a pure Nintendo console - like the wiiu. If you have a different opinion, please accept the opinion of other people. The west Games-support does not look good, I find. Big games are important. But i wish you a great week.

I understand the thread. The thesis is: "no switch announcements...... does this bold well for its future? I think not...."

This is a thesis being disproven every week. That's why I questioned the decision to bump it. You clearly believe in the importance of these "blockbuster" games. The numbers indicate Switch is selling without them.

Not to mention his "blockbuster" list is a stretch of the term blockbuster.

He should just go and make another cliche "look at my systems games list" thread.

Around the Network

I think current sales of Switch are gonna piss off some people.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:

But no western gamez. Sales don't count. Also not Nintendo games. And japanese games pffft.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Pavolink said:

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Read Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Battlefront II, the next Shadow of Mordor & Need for Speed & Call of Duty and Pro Evolution Soccer, Mega Man Legacy Collection 2, Destiny 2, no Mass Effect Andromeda and Persona 5 in future, Tropico 6 and more new big Games & AAA-Games.

Fixed it for ya. Battlefront scored a meta in the 70's.. Need for Speed is nice and all, but most racing games are the same old thing over and over. Mario Kart is the only racing game I enjoy because it involves more than just racing. Sports games are also the same thing over and over. Destiny scored in the 70's and has been an unbalanced mess since release. The sequel won't fair much better. Splatoon 2 on the other hand will be miles ahead of Bungie's IP. Mass Effect Andromeda is the Dead Space 3 of the ME franchise. Just a quick cash grab sellout of a game. Tropico has never been big. 

RolStoppable said:
Pavolink said:

But only some. Most are still in the stage of denial where they tell themselves that Wii U had a good launch as well, so the numbers Switch achieves mean nothing.

The summer months will move most people from denial to anger, so there will be a lot more anti-Switch posts and threads.

Even after all these years, many are still in denial and anger about the Wii. You should not expect otherwise for Switch.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile