By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - None of the blockbuster 3rd party games coming to switch 2017

Switch lifetime figures?

12-15 million 72 7.05%

15-20 million 58 5.68%

20-25 million 78 7.64%

25-30 million 119 11.66%

Way more than the above 694 67.97%

Total:1,021
curl-6 said:

Switch doesn't need Destiny and Battlefront, what it needs are the likes of Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest.

im probably gonna have to keep repeating this 1000 times, the primary 3rd party support that Switch will get is indie, Japanese & kid/family titles, AAA western support is just icing on the cake.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
zorg1000 said:

im probably gonna have to keep repeating this 1000 times, the primary 3rd party support that Switch will get is indie, Japanese & kid/family titles, AAA western support is just icing on the cake.

I'd call it the stain on the carpet. Yes, some people like it messy, but most can live without it.

But that makes it sound like a detriment. I don't see how getting those games would be a bad thing.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

But that makes it sound like a detriment. I don't see how getting those games would be a bad thing.

It is detrimental. If those games come, I have to read threads that ask why those games sell much worse than Nintendo games and will see lots of people who choose to spit on Occam's Razor. Console owners prioritize the best games on the system, that's why Nintendo titles always reign supreme; but the most obvious answer is unacceptable, so such threads become an evaluation of what's wrong with Nintendo console owners.

"Why are they buying Super Smash Bros. 4 instead of Watch Dogs?"
- "I have no idea."

The worst of all is that people are serious about it.

But it's not like most people buying a Switch are going to be coming on VGChartz to read threads about how the games are selling worse. For a guy/gal deciding whether or not he'll buy a Switch, having some of those games may help him/her decide to pull the trigger.

leo-j said:
If the game looks as good as the ps4 version I'd get it .... nba 2k is one of the biggest third party ip this gen!

I laughed.

Bold is something that sticks out from the rest. So the threadmaker believes the Switch will over take all Playstation console combined in sales by the end of Sept 2017...

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Breath of The Wild, Splatoon 2, MK Deluxe and Mario Oddissey are not being released on ps4 or XBO

Does this bold well for their futures?

Not at all Im not a kiddo,lol.

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

It is detrimental. If those games come, I have to read threads that ask why those games sell much worse than Nintendo games and will see lots of people who choose to spit on Occam's Razor. Console owners prioritize the best games on the system, that's why Nintendo titles always reign supreme; but the most obvious answer is unacceptable, so such threads become an evaluation of what's wrong with Nintendo console owners.

"Why are they buying Super Smash Bros. 4 instead of Watch Dogs?"
- "I have no idea."

The worst of all is that people are serious about it.

Maybe not all Ninty gamers in the world, but American ones like to be whipped on the ass by Reggie, so it's legit to suppose they could do other strange things too.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nem said:
As i said before, the Switch changes nothing about Nintendo's aproach to home consoles from the Wii U. You can simply move away with the gamepad.

Sony and Microsoft and the biggest third parties are focusing on the pro and scorpio, the switch is less than the X1.

No one can expect third party games that will be designed to push the market to come out in low fps low res or with missing asset formats for the switch. It defeats the purpose and makes their game look bad.

I am not willing to waste my time debating fairy tales, so don't bother. Just cause i know Nintendo fans will flip at anything that isn't praise.

Probably the best comment I have seen in quite awhile on here and hit the nail on the head with this site.

Blood_Tears said:
Nem said:
As i said before, the Switch changes nothing about Nintendo's aproach to home consoles from the Wii U. You can simply move away with the gamepad.

Sony and Microsoft and the biggest third parties are focusing on the pro and scorpio, the switch is less than the X1.

No one can expect third party games that will be designed to push the market to come out in low fps low res or with missing asset formats for the switch. It defeats the purpose and makes their game look bad.

I am not willing to waste my time debating fairy tales, so don't bother. Just cause i know Nintendo fans will flip at anything that isn't praise.

Probably the best comment I have seen in quite awhile on here and hit the nail on the head with this site.

The problem with that logic is that Nintendo had had profitable and high selling consoles with diversionary methods using their handhelds. They've gained great third party using their DS. Where sales of platforms come the more third party will follow with exclusives.

I don't know what's more a surprise: 1) people keep thinking all/most games that are available on PS4/Xbox one (even the BIG games) can run on switch or 2) People stills expecting those games will arrive on switch.