By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How do you feel about Adam Sandler's movies?

Do you like Adam Sandler movies?

Yes 72 41.86%

No 85 49.42%

Who the fuck is Adam Sandler? 15 8.72%

Total:172

I just checked his filmography and I think I have only seen two of his films: Big Daddy and Click. I watched the former when I was a kid and I thought it was ok, not sure how would I view it today. On the other hand, I watched Big Daddy a few years ago in my values' class and nothing out of it was too awkward or too boring, it was even hilarious at times.

So yeah, I have nothing against the guy.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

I can't stand his most recent movies, back in the day I liked him a lot tho.

I liked Billy Madison, and even more so, Happy Gilmore back in the day. Since then? The Waterboy was very disappointing, Little Nicky was an interesting premise, but I thought it sucked. I really wanted to like Zohan, but thought it was crap. Never saw Mr Deeds, Big Daddy and several others. Click was a weird movie that didn't know what the **** it was trying to be. His rom-coms, The Wedding Singer, and 50 First Dates I felt were good for a genre I'm not that fond of. I watched about 20-30 minutes of Pixels. Seemed pretty weak. Basically, his earliest 2 comedies were my favorites, followed by his 2 rom-coms. The rest I didn't like. I should add that I have no idea if Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore would stand the test of time. My tastes have changed since 1994.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Some where genuinely funny, but most where worn out comedy films puked out of Hollywood. Which where somehow recycled in even more terrible movies.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

All his films are the same. What was successful in the 90s with Happy Gilmore is mainly because it was new and different. Esp people who were kids or teens back then. Problem is we grew up and his films did not. He has never evolved his humor or films. He has used the same formula for over 20 years. A good comedian evolves and finds new jokes. Adam Sandler has told the same joke for far to long.

Around the Network

He's done a few decent or even good films over the past 15 years, but most of his stuff is mediocre at best. Some of it is also just complete waste of time with little to no redeeming qualities to speak off.

Judging by the massive amount of 80's music, having comeuppance by bullying bullies named O'Doyle, the raunchy, unfunny and offensive jokes, and all of his friends featuring on all of his movies proves that he's stuck in the past and he is a man to be pitied.

Apathy? Because they don't interest me.

If he has become a meme then he is a disgrace to memes themselves. That is the extent to which I enjoy Adam Sandler and his movies.

I love his films. He is honestly one of my favourite actors. One of my favourite comedies is That's My Boy (a pretty hated film), but I love it.

Just watched Sandy Wexler with the wife and we both loved it. The Wedding Singer is a classic, he really has a great singing voice when he isn't being retarded lol.
Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Mr. Deeds, Waterboy, hotel transylvania (and its sequel) are all funny.

I've enjoyed every movie he is in, though some of his movies aren't the greatest.

He can pull on your heart strings too in movies like Click and Spanglish. Great performance in Punch Drunk Love and Oscar worthy performance in Reign Over Me. He really is a fantastic actor. I do wish he would do more dramatic roles though.

1doesnotsimply