By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Students beat classmate to death screaming Allahu Akbar (New graphic video)

Ka-pi96 said:
taus90 said:

Well no islam doesnt advocate killing of anyone be it a sinner or who wants to practice different religion, again you are buying into these vocal minorities belief who have twisting what islam is all about, jihad as i have studied is the act of protecting ur beliefs in that religion within that community, and not force other or let anyone else force their values, but u can see how easily it can misintereprated to an illiterate person for their personal gains, for majority of these hot head people best defense is offense. hence their version of jihad is killing in process giving it a bad image.

And if any countries law or culture is centered around a specific religion it is bound to be doomed, not just islam.. Infact few islamic countries wit law centered around it are the only countries who have been doing well compared to other religious centric countries.. example, UAE, Malayasia, Turkey, Egypt.. Compare this to Srilanka, bangladesh, nepal to some extent even India is gravitating towards it.

All i am saying is just do some research about religions and culture, even i was once hell bent on believoing islam is the religion that preachs killing, coz thats what i got from media, but i just didnt understand if it is so bad why are so many people hung on to it.. No religion is bad its just the people backward ass people.

And i dont want to preachy or anything (i guess that train has left :P)... The views which you have about islam is similar to that of these so called fanatics have about other religions, the only difference is you have been brought up with a higher moral authority by the well interconnected society.

@bolded

Yeah, looks like a "vocal minority" to me!

And I find it kind of funny that you're doing pretty much the opposite to me by blaming the culture rather than the religion. I think all those muslim majority countries have a fascinating culture that would be interesting to talk to people from and learn about, and that it's the religion that has infected those cultures and turned them in to something to be wary about rather than fascinated by. Some of those countries (particularly Egypt and Iran) have a truly amazing history but it feels like islam has kind of washed away those ancient cultures and in some ways dirtied them.

Well in those region thats one law that predates even islam itself, back before islam was a thing apostasy law was an effective way from people migrating into different tribes and whats funny is muhammad was one of the victim of apostasy law as he wanted to convert to islam, which he had envisioned, but he fled before being executed and came back with an army of men "jihadi's" who wished to follow the religion of their choice. People were free to choose the religion of their choice but this tribal law was fashioned back in somewhere around 11th century, because these tribal leaders enforce their own law or add verse into quran as they wanted the same status as muhammad, and majority of them succeed hence the reason apostasy law was back as the holy text, and the apostasy law which these country have directly conflicts with original verse of koran, "that only a man can be subjected to apostasy not a woman and the man will only be sentenced to death if he starts a war, harms other muslim, tries to disrupt religious rituals, or tries to influence other opting out of islam and in woman case if she use a weapon to harm others

And i m not sure abt the law, in these countries but the matter of fact is this so called sharia law or islamic law is nothing but a collection (fatwa's) modified verse to suit the juristic needs of tribal people in medival periods. hence there are so many community among muslims and their laws have different take on apostasy. also to add I dont think these goverment really act on this law at all coz i have friends who i play games with from these countries are converted christians and buddhist.. I mean their parents are, but they have a hard life.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
celador said:

we are talking about the present

what major non-religious groups are trying to enforce their doctrine worldwide?

The American government tries to intervene around the world under the guise of freedom and democracy.

i get where you are coming from, by they aren't really interested in enforcing an ideology, it's more a blatant grab for resources and power

So many idiots together at one place...

Hiku said:
I saw a trailer of a documentary the other day of how they brainwash kids to be jihadists from a very young age in Pakistan. Very disturbing.

A friend of mine volunteered to take in a Pakistanee refugee teenager. Hopefully nothing bad happens if he insults a fictional character.

Well, it sounds like from the article that it was Mohammad that he talked about, who actually existed. However, the article doesn't actually say what he said, so I don't know if that's true or not. Either way he shouldn't have been killed, but I really wish that it showed what he said or shared.

celador said:
Smear-Gel said:

There has never been a large non religious group of people forcing their views through violence? Well, alright.

we are talking about the present

what major non-religious groups are trying to enforce their doctrine worldwide?

FIrstly, I certainly wasnt talking about the present.

Secondly, do you think racism is born from religion? Or the ideologies of North Korea? Or governments instilling violence on their people and others for political gain or gaining more power? The west pushing western ideologies on other countries because they think it's the correct one? Stuff like furthering communism or caoitalism through means that lead to violence? I guess you'll say why some of these groups dont count, but my point is that this sort of thing is nt unique to one set of people.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
I saw a trailer of a documentary the other day of how they brainwash kids to be jihadists from a very young age in Pakistan. Very disturbing.

A friend of mine volunteered to take in a Pakistanee refugee teenager. Hopefully nothing bad happens if he insults a fictional character.

yeah even i saw a documentary by a afgani reporter who went inside a terrorist group to cover how they attack American tanks (i think it was Dispatches: Behind the enemy lines). they showed how they manipulate young boys and force their idealogy over them, and these boys didnt even seem to have read a koran.

Person is beaten to death by people screaming Allah is great. And some people be like "nah, this had nothing to do with religion". Mind bottling.

bonzobanana said:
Not only is it utterly evil but you feel embarrassed that people can believe in such rubbish and have no capacity to think logically based on science and evidence. Religion is a disease of the mind, it infects, corrupts and destroys. Makes me think of this story.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/nigerian-man-detained-in-mental-institute-in-kano-because-he-renounced-islam-9561511.html

Your comment is ignorant. I still don't know what I believe, but I majored in biology with a minor in chemistry and am now a PA working in family medicine, and the only thing that makes me believe in God at all anymore is my knowledge of science and the human body.

This religion is absolutely a disease of the mind. Who in their right mind can think that killing is okay? It's a similar thing to people who claim they are Christians yet judge people and act in hatred--the complete opposite of what Christianity teaches.

spurgeonryan said:
So what I get from this article, is this happened in an Islamic country.
^

If that is truly the case then he ashould have known. Even I know and I am an uncaring American who knows nothing about Asia or the Middle East.

The airplane situation was completely different. Everyone knows don't bad talk that profet guy. I am sure much less know airplane policies and laws.

This was utterly disgusting and the reality is that the poor guy never talked I'll of the Prophet(pbuh). The blasphemy situation in Pakistan is really bad and the mob violence is even worse. The blasphemy law itself is shaky at best. Anyone who has a grudge on someone else can claim that the guut or girl blasphemed, gather a large crowd and do inhumane utterly disgusting stuff like burning bodies and beating dead bodies etc. The problem is very severe especially in Punjab and Sindh. A guy was murdered by his security gaurd for questioning the controversial blasphemy law that's how bad it is and a percentage of population cheered for him. Sadly this is the result of brain washing unlike any other. When the Prophet(pbuh) himself entered victoriously in Makkah there was an almost bloodless victory. The people of Makkah were the worst any blasphemer can get since they used to throw trash, filth and thorns at him, hurl abuses at him and when his uncle died, they devised a plan to murder him. So if the Prophet(pbuh) himself was so tolerant, it makes me really sad to see the people who murder others just for speculation of blasphemy. Sadly the best thing that we can do is wait and hope the brain washed masses learn better. Its not like the entirety of Pakistan is that way. Everyone I know was disgusted at this and I hope the majority were but the truth is that I don't know.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

University.

Ok.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.