By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should Nintendo bring their handheld IPs to the Switch?

Do you think Nintendo will bring their handheld IPs to the Switch?

Yes 216 80.90%

Yes, when 3DS sales get low enough 33 12.36%

No 5 1.87%

No, Nintendo needs to foc... 3 1.12%

Only as ports of older handheld titles 2 0.75%

only through virtual console 2 0.75%

see results 6 2.25%

Total:267
sparticus112b said:
I guess my question should have been "Will there be another designated handheld, like 3DS, how that the Switch is out?" My buddy thinks they absolutely will make a new designated handheld. Me, I have no clue. It really depends. I will say, I don't know about you all but I don't want my kids taking the switch off the dock and using it. They've already broken 3 of my controllers (and my kids are pretty good kids).

They said they wanted a single software pipeline, now looking at the switch's form factor it is obvious that it was built to fulfill that aim,so the expectation is that now we have a machine capable of handling that single console/handheld pipeline it should lead to a phasing out of the 3DS, that's where it becomes murky , since Nintendo have not made any concrete pronouncements in regard to the 3DS's future, This is understandable, they need to have it there while they wait  to get enough software from both sides but especially the handheld side to see if it can stand on it's own .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

If they want Switch to sell, they kind of have to, and I think that they know that.

Of course they'll bring their handheld IPs to the Switch. Fire Embelm is already announced and there are lots of rumors about Pokémon coming to the Switch. I'd say they NEED those handheld IPs on the Switch if they want it to be a big thing.

The real question is: will Vita's waifu games come to the Switch?

spurgeonryan said:
They should have been doing this already instead of giving switch owners the wasteland we have now.

one or two titles a month is not going to cut it, and getting almost now multiplates is bad for business.

I look at the Sony and even X1 game wall and cannot help but feel like the switch will not be worth it for a long time.

But do what Sony did with the PS4 and Vita and you have something.

How is it a wasteland? It is set to have a far more steady flow of 1st party titles than 3DS/Wii U and it has new releases on a weekly basis.

Not getting the big multiplats really doesnt matter all that much since it is impossible to find a time in Nintendo's 30+ years as a hardware maker where multiplats have actually done anything worthwhile for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Jranation said:
V-r0cK said:
The Switch is a handheld so I'd say so.

It surprises me that a handheld is getting lots of console games! 

Seeing as how Nintendo is currently putting all their eggs in one basket nobody should be surprised by this.

Around the Network

Yes, Nintendo should bring their handheld IPs to their newest handheld.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It's a question of when, not if.

Taking out series like AC, Pokemon, FE, and many more would be suicide.

V-r0cK said:
Jranation said:

It surprises me that a handheld is getting lots of console games! 

Seeing as how Nintendo is currently putting all their eggs in one basket nobody should be surprised by this.

Yep! This would fix any major drought like the Wii U. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

sparticus112b said:
darkrulier said:
Really?? This question?? Isn't the Switch a handheld??? Of course they are bringing their "handheld IP's" to the Switch. Aren't they already working on a Pokemon game?

Nintendo said it is a home console "first and foremost."  When they introduced the Switch, they focused on console games. I don't remember them announcing a Pokemon game for the Switch, I think that was leaked.  

Hell, Zelda runs better in handheld mode. If that doesn't raise a few eyebrows.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I figured that would be the case. It would be unwise for Ninten to release a handheld when the Switch can do both, so it only makes sense that all their future games will be on the switch, including the smaller size portable games.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread