By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Biased Review Reloaded - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Review One Year Later

Usage of 10/10s was not authorized.

Around the Network

I don't think the 3 Metroid primes are better than BoTW tbh but good reviews nonetheless,

Goodnightmoon said:
I don't think the 3 Metroid primes are better than BoTW tbh but good reviews nonetheless,

Two things.

A: Your opinion is objectively wrong.

B: Games aren't eligible for a 10 until they're at least a year old, as per the rules in the second post.

MTZehvor said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Two things.

A: Your opinion is objectively wrong.

B: Games aren't eligible for a 10 until they're at least a year old, as per the rules in the second post.

A: Nope :P Only the first one can fight against BoTW

B: Ok I missed that part

Just posting to say I like the new format Rol.

Around the Network

I've played the trilogy several times between 2001 - 2010, it's such an awesome game.

I've recently played it on emulator in 1920x1080 on PC, with X360 controller. It's still uncannily extremely beautiful to watch, the game hasn't aged graphically. It was cutting edge on GC back in the days... 2002.

Gameplay wise, it's almost unmatched imho. The motion control makes even the game a bit easier ^^

Dat Phazon Suit !

Metroid Prime was kind of boring, to be honest.
The controls were clunky and sluggish, and I am not sure why you think there's a good story? The game had a bit at the beginning and a bit at the end, and it was fairly unmemorable. Scanning items for definitions is NOT story. That is what you call an annoying and intrusive mechanic to provide info dumps.
A story is how a character overcomes a conflict,the other characters, dialogue, action, narrative, and plot structure that takes the reader/audience/player through the story. Stories begin with a setup and a conflict, then follow a plot of points that escalate the conflict, leading up to the climax. A game with a good story is Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, or Xenogears... but certainly not Metroid, that game has almost no story to speak of.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Metroid Prime was kind of boring, to be honest.
The controls were clunky and sluggish, and I am not sure why you think there's a good story? The game had a bit at the beginning and a bit at the end, and it was fairly unmemorable. Scanning items for definitions is NOT story. That is what you call an annoying and intrusive mechanic to provide info dumps.
A story is how a character overcomes a conflict,the other characters, dialogue, action, narrative, and plot structure that takes the reader/audience/player through the story. Stories begin with a setup and a conflict, then follow a plot of points that escalate the conflict, leading up to the climax. A game with a good story is Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, or Xenogears... but certainly not Metroid, that game has almost no story to speak of.

No it wasn't, doesn't matter how many times you say this, how many years you keep insisting, you are one on a minority. Metroid Prime was probably the best gaming experience of my life back in the day, I expected nothing and it end up being the most captivating and atmospheric game I had ever played, and that seems to be the opinion of most people that played it too, so...

And btw, Metrod Prime has a good story and a great Lore, you have to analize the environments of the game to understand it, is kind of like Dark Souls but way less criptic, if you can't appreciate it that's another story.

RolStoppable said:
Updated the second post, namely the explanation for the story section. Story is much more than cutscenes alone for me and that wasn't properly reflected in the original explanation. It goes beyond the times that control is taken away from the player.

That precision wasn't really needed for anyone who knows what a story is.

But I guess it's "more inclusive" when you cater to the lowest common denominator.

Nice reviews! Two of the classics of the genre. I can't think of a better remake than Zero Mission.