By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Biased Review Reloaded - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Review One Year Later

bdbdbd said:
OTBWY said:

It's the best F-Zero. And probably the best futuristic racer out there. Nobody actually plays it for story. They play it for the still unparalleled racing speed in hard 60fps with cool af tracks. It's also hard which makes it popular with speedrunners. Nothing like it has come after it. Wipeout? Please. Nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JV6dePwYl_4

Look at how smooth.

People siding against it have no taste or sense of gaming. Not an ounce!

Never seen anyone to play a racing game because of the story.

You're right; nobody's playing the game because it was good, which is my point.

You should try out the Fast Racing series; if you like crappy F-Zero, you'll love Fast Racing.

They're all good games. F-Zero GX and the Fast Racing series. Metacritic scores deserved for sure.

Around the Network

FE Warriors - Do you still have to do X basic attacks to execute the charge attack you want to?

Mario Odyssey - Is Mario still like typical 3D Mario that takes forever to stand up after being knocked down? I hope that environmental hazards like spikes don't bypass invincibility like they did in Galaxy 2. Copying the worst aspects of Sonic 1 isn't a good idea.

RolStoppable said:
Player2 said:

FE Warriors - Do you still have to do X basic attacks to execute the charge attack you want to?

Mario Odyssey - Is Mario still like typical 3D Mario that takes forever to stand up after being knocked down? I hope that environmental hazards like spikes don't bypass invincibility like they did in Galaxy 2. Copying the worst aspects of Sonic 1 isn't a good idea.

FEW - I am not sure what you mean. The combo system is the same. After any number of normal attacks (Y button) you can press the X button for a strong attack that will differ depending on how many times you pressed Y before. Unlike in Hyrule Warriors, there are skills outside of weapons that each character can equip and all characters will have access to all skills eventually; there's one skill that increases the attack speed by 50%, so executing combos will be quite fast.

The critical hit bar works differently. In Hyrule Warriors you had to dodge an enemy attack to see it appear above the enemy's head. This is still in FEW, but in most cases a YYYX combo will make it appear too, so you can go on the offense. If you have an advantage in the weapon triangle, then four normal attacks will make it appear, so a YYYYX combo shows the critical hit bar and immediately depletes it.

SMO - Mario still takes forever to stand up, although knockdowns aren't as frequent as in previous games. I don't remember any spikes right now; there are bottomless pits, lava and poisonous lakes which all result in instant kills and you'd expect them to do that regardless of invincibility.

FEW - So it's the same as in Warriors games.

SMO - It's an improvement then. Instant death from lava is so much better than watching Mario bouncing hopelessly until he runs out of health.

Interesting read, that ROTTR review.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Finally downloaded F-Zero X on WiiU and I'm kinda regretting it. The graphics look darker and more importantly: the game is impossible to play with the WiiU Pro controller, it's too sensitive!

Using the old Wii Classic Controller instead I feel it's a bit better but there's a noticeable deadzone. Still not too bad but I don't understand why is not at least the same as it was on Wii Virtual Console (which wasn't perfect either).

The good thing is that I can customize the buttons on WiiU making it more comfortable to boost using Y or X and accelerate with B or A. Oh well, at least I only payed like 1 dollar.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069