By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A Biased Review Reloaded - Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in Review One Year Later

I hadn't thought about it until now but, I agree, Skyward Sword is the low point for 3D Zeldas. Still an excellent game -- don't get me wrong -- but lacking compared to the others. Actually now that I think on it, according to my rankings 3D Zeldas got progressively worse since Ocarina, only to bounce back with BotW. "Worse" is a relative term, of course. I love them all.

Around the Network

It is hard to argue against the fact, or afirmation, if you will, that SUPER METROID is a masterpiece. Back in the day I have played when it launched, rented from my local video game store and everything.
Did not had the money to buy it, the only SNES games I owned where Zelda, Chrono Trigger and Out of this World.
Also, weirdly, Stunt Race FX

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Well, at least I wasnt the only person annoyed by the lack of ability to catch ladders easily. Remember the skull dragon boss? Must of died there like 20 times just because of the ladder.

But a 6 though?

RolStoppable said:
Xxain said:
Well, at least I wasnt the only person annoyed by the lack of ability to catch ladders easily. Remember the skull dragon boss? Must of died there like 20 times just because of the ladder.

But a 6 though?

Score is too high? Seems fine to me.

Nahh, a 5.9 sounds more accurate to me. Not so high that it breaks the elusive 6 barrier, but not too low that it's viewed as average.

Shadow1980 said:

Still haven't finished BotW, but Blaster Master Zero was a competent remake of the original. And it's not a remaster, but rather a full remake as every level past the first was completely redesigned. The controls were better than the original, there were some interesting new mechanics and enemies, the addition of an actual story was neat, and the fact that the game encourages you to find every side room to find every upgrade, not only because it makes you more versatile and powerful but also because getting them all gives you access to the hiddel ninth level and the "true/good" ending. My biggest issues with it was the soundtrack being all new tracks that replaced the classic and memorable music of the original after the first level and the difficulty being too low. I may have to retry it on the "Destroyer" difficulty added in a later update.

Just read the spoiler...and dang it, guess i still have more to do. Was wondering if the ending I got was just a cliffhanger, now it makes sense.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

There are quite a few dummy caves in this game. You only need to find the map in each area and kill all bosses to unlock the true ending. Once you've got the map, you can see which caves are empty and which ones have bosses. You don't need to go through all rooms of a cave either, because there's always only one place of interest.

I felt like I was pretty thorough...I might have missed some dummy caves, but I'm pretty sure I beat every boss. I don't think I got a map for area 7 though, so that's probably the only thing I missed. Shouldn't take too long I guess.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

That was colorful.

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

"An RPG-like turn-based battle system without experience points defeats the point of having such a battle system."

That's an interesting comment. Why do you think the two are directly related? There are certainly non-turn based RPGs that incorporate experience points.

I would really love it if you reviewed some non-Nintendo-platform games, just to get your perspective on something like Doom, Uncharted, or Mortal Kombat X.

I imagine you wouldn't enjoy that so much, but maybe you could take one for the team?

RolStoppable said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I would really love it if you reviewed some non-Nintendo-platform games, just to get your perspective on something like Doom, Uncharted, or Mortal Kombat X.

I imagine you wouldn't enjoy that so much, but maybe you could take one for the team?

Should I review Batman: Arkham Origins again?

Just looked that up. "A polished turd is still a turd." That's good stuff :)