By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terror attack in London

Normchacho said:
It's really sad to hear news like this. But, as an American, it's also almost odd to think that the violence here is way worse on a daily basis than it is in a lot of other places on a day like today. I mean...if the attackers weren't Muslims, this would barely be news in the US.

This, we only seem to care about these things if it's a terrorist attack. If there are links with terrorism, it suddenly becomes big news, because we're so scared. That's pretty much what terrorists want, they want us to be scared.

Around the Network
vivster said:
Normchacho said:

Not a lot. I guess just be glad they had knives and cars instead of rifles...

Good point. I'm always baffled by how unprepared these terrorists are. Then again, they are morons so I shouldn't be surprised.

There isn't an abundance of firearms in the UK like on the other side of the pond.

Normchacho said:
vivster said:
Sad stuff. Too bad there is nothing you can do about this sort of thing.

Not a lot. I guess just be glad they had knives and cars instead of rifles...

Guns are heavily controlled in the UK that's why, people are only permitted to buy certain types like those used for hunting animals and even to obtain those requires an expensive license that needs to be renewed every few years and the rifle and bullets are charged at a high price so many are priced out by default.

Goatseye said:
vivster said:

Good point. I'm always baffled by how unprepared these terrorists are. Then again, they are morons so I shouldn't be surprised.

There isn't an abundance of firearms in the UK like on the other side of the pond.

I'm pretty sure that you can get a gun and maybe even a full automatic rifle in any country if you know what you're doing. But that would require thought and effort. Traits absent in most terrorists.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Goatseye said:

I'm pretty sure that you can get a gun and maybe even a full automatic rifle in any country if you know what you're doing. But that would require thought and effort. Traits absent in most terrorists.

They could definately get guns if they wanted,or had the right connections, I mean there is 12 year old gang bangers running around London, Manchester, Liverpool etc, but yeah luckily this guy seemed quite unsophisticated. I remember a police officer young lass, getting killed in Manchester, and the killers used m16' s and hand grenades. Poor copper only had her pepper spray and baton.

Around the Network
Nogamez said:
vivster said:

They could definately get guns if they wanted,or had the right connections, I mean there is 12 year old gang bangers running around London, Manchester, Liverpool etc, but yeah luckily this guy seemed quite unsophisticated. I remember a police officer young lass, getting killed in Manchester, and the killers used m16' s and hand grenades. Poor copper only had her pepper spray and baton.

Incidents like those aren't too common though other the police would have been armed long ago, many of the young kids running in gangs run around with immitation weapons that can't even fire, fact is to get a gun over here you need to be connected. I remember years back the police force had to sell off a load of their armory including armoured vehicles because the was literally no use for most of them.

celador said:
SegataSanshiro said:

The FUCK is wrong with you!?

I hate where my country is going and I am not being quiet about it

I assume you were equally upset when a Christian terrorist murdered over 70 young Norwegian kids at a camp a few years ago?

Wyrdness said:
Nogamez said:

Incidents like those aren't too common though other the police would have been armed long ago, many of the young kids running in gangs run around with immitation weapons that can't even fire, fact is to get a gun over here you need to be connected. I remember years back the police force had to sell off a load of their armory including armoured vehicles because the was literally no use for most of them.

No thankfully it's not that common, although Mosside in Manchester used to have a lot off gun crime, like every other week a guy was shot dead back in the 90's, But I haven't heard much lately so guessing the police took back control. 

Puppyroach said:
celador said:

I hate where my country is going and I am not being quiet about it

I assume you were equally upset when a Christian terrorist murdered over 70 young Norwegian kids at a camp a few years ago?

I'm always upset when Europeans are needlessly killed

vivster said:
Goatseye said:

Full Auto-Rifle is a hard thing to come by. It's not sold in stores for civilians. 

There are more guns than people in the USA. In 2014, for every 100 people in the USA, there were 116 guns.