By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Terror attack in London

vivster said:
Goatseye said:

There isn't an abundance of firearms in the UK like on the other side of the pond.

I'm pretty sure that you can get a gun and maybe even a full automatic rifle in any country if you know what you're doing. But that would require thought and effort. Traits absent in most terrorists.

The modern British terrorists are amateurs. I'm actually a little disappointed in them.

The IRA, they were proper British terrorists.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
vivster said:

I'm pretty sure that you can get a gun and maybe even a full automatic rifle in any country if you know what you're doing. But that would require thought and effort. Traits absent in most terrorists.

The modern British terrorists are amateurs. I'm actually a little disappointed in them.

They would be more succesful handing out free alcohol to motorists :/

celador said:
Puppyroach said:

I assume you were equally upset when a Christian terrorist murdered over 70 young Norwegian kids at a camp a few years ago?

I'm always upset when Europeans are needlessly killed

Again, terrorism is in no way a significant death cause in Europe. 30 000 people die each year from car crashes, in the EU ; perhaps 1 percent of that die of terrorism, in a particularly bad year. Over half a million people from smoking in the same time frame, over 30 000 due to second-hand exposure, in big part children. All of thse deaths preventable, needless. Media and politicians give terrorism far more importance than the issue deserves. There are much bigger problem out there, much cheaper to resolve.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Pyro as Bill said:
vivster said:

They were Irish, that was the entire point of them.

celador said:
Normchacho said:

What the fuck? Maybe take a god damn second before being shitty about it?

Nope, he is a piece of shit, and I am disgusted that he is my mayor

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/67238/londons-first-muslim-mayor-defended-911-terrorists/#XebOUJXTp5YbDaAW.97

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/exposed-sadiq-khans-family-links-to-extremist-organisation-a3179066.html

At first I was like,  oooooooh shit,  major generalisation there.  But then I see you backed it up with some evidence.  

Can't be arsed reading all that but you've made me curious about him now too. 

Anyway I'm going to London in the summer. Am I put off by this?  Absolutely not.  

I went to the euros in France for 3 weeks and the terror attacks they had were much worse. I've more chances of being killed by a car riding my bike. 

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
vivster said:

Yeah them guys were pretty savage, and really knew how to make bombs. And unfortunately how to kill soldiers and civilians alike

At least it wasn't a big one, feel bad for the dead woman, its a pity but really there is not much you can do against this kind of crime, they are very random.

SecondWar said:
Pyro as Bill said:

In fairness the real terrorists were the British who did untold damage in ireland.  The IRA are just one of many troubled products as a result of their colonialism. If Britain never bothered Ireland,  the population on this island would be 10/15 million by now. They're responsible for a lot of Irish either not existing today or millions of them scattered around the globe. 

SecondWar said:
Pyro as Bill said:

No they were British, that was the entire point of them.

They didn't want to be British .......... but they were (Stewart Lee joke).

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

The attacker is Abu Izzadeen, a muslim terrorist.