By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: BotW Angry Review

I was waiting for this one, will watch it tonight when I get there, but its looking good!

EDIT: Are there spoilers in this review?

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

I completely agree with this review. It's an amazing game, excellent game. But the VA just let's it down as does the storyline a little. Also the music is not as strong as previous entry's, but damn that gameplay, damn that physics engine, damn that freedom. Y'all get the point I'm sure

what if his 9/10 is for Nintendo not to copyright claim his video?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It was an interesting review, I actually enjoyed his perspective. Also from what I can tell he doesn't give inbetween scores (9.5 or 9.8 or something).

It was actually a unique perspective regarding the story, NPC's and characters as well as his Ganondorf and boss fights interpretation. It's a great sign thought that someone who has never been into Zelda or even interested in it has enjoyed this game so much and is even talking about playing future games in the series, a great sign for the franchise.

I'm sure he gave it a 9 because he thinks the series can still move forward and just playing the game I can already see how Nintendo can focus on polishing so many aspects even more after nailing the open world feel of the game and giving it their touch.

I cant stand this brainless Clinton supporter.

User is warned for this post - Aura7541

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:

What if the game is just great? He doesn't only give it a 9, he says is the biggest 9 he has ever give, he puts his seal of recomendation and also says he totally understand critics who gave it a 10, his biggest reason to give it a 9 is that the story is good but not great and he gaves a lot of weight to that it seems, he looks genuinely in love with the game while he talks about it, have you seen the video?

BraLoD said:
He didn't really review, Bloodborne, right? He seemed to be loving it. Bastard!

He only reviews games that he beats in some fashion.  Bloodborne, in his words, kicked his ass.  Which is why it didn't get a review but did make his top 10 for that year.

Goodnightmoon said:
deskpro2k3 said:

What if the game is just great? He doesn't only give it a 9, he says is the biggest 9 he has ever give, he puts his seal of recomendation and also says he totally understand critics who gave it a 10, his biggest reason to give it a 9 is that the story is good but not great and he gaves a lot of weight to that it seems, he looks genuinely in love with the game while he talks about it, have you seen the video?

Keywords: What If

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Keywords: What If

Wow...just...wow.

Given Joe has had like 5 or 6 positive Nintendo videos claimed, I don't see how you could possibly make this argument with a straight face.  This video itself was claimed 6 times before this version made it through, if je only gave the positive score to avoid claims he would have quit sooner I should think.

This little theory is a level of desperation I haven't privy to in a long time.  

Just...wow.

lol he gave it his "highest possible 9/10", if the dude did decimals it would probably meet the average. Nothing to get mad about there...

One of the big differences (that in retrospect I think is fair) is that he's one of the few people on earth who'd not played Zelda or known much about it, and so he really wanted to know more about Ganon. It occurs to me, looking back, that you really don't interact with Ganon at all... there's an assumption that you're familiar with him. Likewise, he expected Link to be a more fleshed out character akin to all modern protagonists, an expectation the rest of us that have played Zelda games wouldn't carry.

Otherwise, the weapon durability really bugged him which doesn't much surprise me... I saw him play an early stretch of the game and he very much prefers melee, so I imagine he was going through those weapons pretty fast. His review was pretty darn fair overall, then, and I like that he managed to get something up on youtube given the difficulty he's had with Nintendo.