By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: BotW Angry Review

I have said it many times before. This game will likely win GotY and is shaping up to be a contender for game of the gen.

All the hate is coming from people who are mad because deep down they want to play the game, but won't because it is Nintendo and they don't want a WiiU or Switch. That said, they are trying to justify their decision to not buy it by trying to make the game look bad...pathetic really.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
deskpro2k3 said:

Keywords: What If

Wow...just...wow.

Given Joe has had like 5 or 6 positive Nintendo videos claimed, I don't see how you could possibly make this argument with a straight face.  This video itself was claimed 6 times before this version made it through, if je only gave the positive score to avoid claims he would have quit sooner I should think.

This little theory is a level of desperation I haven't privy to in a long time.  

Just...wow.

I don't know if this is sad or amazing. You pondering over a joke, or the fact you missed the joke. Just wow.

who would've known a what if scenario could generate so much despair.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Shiken said:
I have said it many times before. This game will likely win GotY and is shaping up to be a contender for game of the gen.

All the hate is coming from people who are mad because deep down they want to play the game, but won't because it is Nintendo and they don't want a WiiU or Switch. That said, they are trying to justify their decision to not buy it by trying to make the game look bad...pathetic really.

Most ppl these days, don't have the luxury, the money or the time to invest in more than one home console. They have to pick one that fits them most in terms of price, software quality/quantity and ofc personal interest in specific genres. Then there is the online aspect of playing multiplayer games with friends and not just single player games. A lot of  reasons to chose what fits you most.
Me for myself and personal interest, won't certainly gonna go splash 400euro to just play zelda and buy a console that it still has uncertain future...

deskpro2k3 said:
Nuvendil said:

Wow...just...wow.

Given Joe has had like 5 or 6 positive Nintendo videos claimed, I don't see how you could possibly make this argument with a straight face.  This video itself was claimed 6 times before this version made it through, if je only gave the positive score to avoid claims he would have quit sooner I should think.

This little theory is a level of desperation I haven't privy to in a long time.  

Just...wow.

I don't know if this is sad or amazing. You pondering over a joke, or the fact you missed the joke. Just wow.

who would've known a what if scenario could generate so much despair.

Hardly despair (cause your opinion on the games quality certainly won't phase me or my enjoyment), much more disgust because I didn't realize it was a joke given how many people have said similar things and weren't joking at all and I do find such accusations pathetic on an extraordinary level.  I did just come from that video's YouTube comment section, which is rife with such statements (to the surprise of absolutely no one).  So perhaps next time you want to make a joke in text, you consider whether surrounding conditions will make it hard to spot.

Good review from Joe, enjoyed the comedy sketches.

Around the Network

I 100% agree with him. It's an excellent game, but there are some shortcomings that I personally just can't overlook.

golfgt170 said:
Shiken said:

Most ppl these days, don't have the luxury, the money or the time to invest in more than one home console. They have to pick one that fits them most in terms of price, software quality/quantity and ofc personal interest in specific genres. Then there is the online aspect of playing multiplayer games with friends and not just single player games. A lot of  reasons to chose what fits you most.
Me for myself and personal interest, won't certainly gonna go splash 400euro to just play zelda and buy a console that it still has uncertain future...

Thats fine, but are you going to try to trash a game that deserves all of the praise it gets just to try to justify your decision?  Or are you going to look at for what it is, a great game that you may play in the future if you ever feel the need to get a Switch or WiiU?

What I am talking about and what you are describing are two totally different instances.  Apples to oranges my friend.

Shiken said:
golfgt170 said:

Thats fine, but are you going to try to trash a game that deserves all of the praise it gets just to try to justify your decision?  Or are you going to look at for what it is, a great game that you may play in the future if you ever feel the need to get a Switch or WiiU?

What I am talking about and what you are describing are two totally different instances.  Apples to oranges my friend.

On the matter at hand then, It's the nintendo fans that are bashing reviewers for giving ANYTHING less than 10 lol. Even Joe gave a VERY HIGH 9/10 with so much praise and ppl are on to him...

golfgt170 said:
Shiken said:

On the matter at hand then, It's the nintendo fans that are bashing reviewers for giving ANYTHING less than 10 lol. Even Joe gave a VERY HIGH 9/10 with so much praise and ppl are on to him...

What are you talking about? Is exactly the opposite of what is happening lol

Tons of people in the coment section are mad because he gave Zelda a high score

golfgt170 said:
Shiken said:

The way I see it, an 8/10 is acceptable if you nitpick.  However anything less for BotW is clickbait or trolling in my eyes.  Someone can dislike something but still acknowledge the quality of the game.

Example, I find GTAV boring as all hell.  I have more hours in plating The Order 1886 than I do that game...and I have it on both the PS3 and PS4.  I just cannot get into it, but I still acknowledge that it is a masterpiece for what it is.

Having said that, maybe I am harder than most people when it comes to good writing or reviewing.  Unfortunately not everyone looks at the big picture and act purly on emotion, childish or otherwise.