By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: BotW Angry Review

monocle_layton said:
spurgeonryan said:

Why the warning?

it's obvious why he got warned. Heck, he deserves to be banned.

He's another conservative troll who goes out of his way to start shit for no good reason. Political trolls who try to start flame wars of any kind should just be given a permaban- good riddance.

Pretty sure continuing to make this political and saying things like "conservative troll" is something a political troll would do. The best thing to do is to drop it instead of instigating more "left vs right" bullshit. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Azuren said:
monocle_layton said:

it's obvious why he got warned. Heck, he deserves to be banned.

He's another conservative troll who goes out of his way to start shit for no good reason. Political trolls who try to start flame wars of any kind should just be given a permaban- good riddance.

Pretty sure continuing to make this political and saying things like "conservative troll" is something a political troll would do. The best thing to do is to drop it instead of instigating more "left vs right" bullshit. 

There are many conservative and liberal trolls. I simply used the term in a nonoffensive way. I hate left vs right arguments, so I was not intending to start such a fight

Joe is just being nice IMO.

Didn't this guy swear off covering Nintendo stuff?

I guess he changed his mind when he realized they made a hit game and he could get a bunch of clicks.

Hiku said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Durability regenaration is what happens with the Master Sword, it breaks, but then it regenerates itself after a period of time, that makes it feel special.

Your system could work, it doesn't sound horrible, it still makes you act in a kind of strategic and creative way to solve problems but I don't think it will work as well, you see, in this game i'm often hoping to break a weapon because that means I have space for another, because i'm constantly finding cool weapons and many times I just don't have enough space for them, so that makes me want to use them more instead of keeping them to myself for the future.

Now, the game kind of forced me to think this way, but the thing is I enjoyed it way more because of it, I learned that weapons are like amunnition, when you want to save this ammunition you start to play with all the options the game gives you, making combats more variad, strategic and interesting, and I feel constantly rewarded for the new weapons I'm getting to play with, sometimes is a bad ass giant boomerang, other times is a sword that electrocutes the enemies, other times is just a freaking broom, but if they didn't break, I would just use the strongest ones because feels like the logic thing to do and probably I wouldn't even catch the ones with lower attack power, however, since they break and I know the game is designed with this in mind, I feel free to try them all, which makes the game feels more playful.

With your system not only the Master sword would feel less special but also people would just keep the strongest ones and constantly switch them in a way none of them breaks, it would actually change the way people plays it and probably it would require a different balance.

Ah, so that's how the Master Sword works.
But in your case, the system I mentioned would still work right? Since you can still continue to break weapons if you want to.
As for people who would save the more powerful weapons, it would need some tweeking. And also needs to make the Master Sword feel more unique.

First off I thought of additions to the system that I think would make it more interesting, and promote breaking weapons.
- Weapons start dealing a bit more damage as they get close to the 0% (Break) threashold. Perhaps around the 20% durability mark. This will encourage people to use them close to their breaking threashold, but avoid breaking them by accident if they want to keep them.
- One or more special occurances happen when you break a weapon. Suggestions:
1.) As they break they leave behind materials you can use to craft new weapons. That way you'll want to break a lot of weapons to see what kind of rare materials they'll leave you.
2.) Breaking a weapon temporarily increases the damage output of other weapons. The effect stacks if you break another weapon in time before the buff has worn off. The degree of the attack buff varies depending on the quality of the weapon you broke. Breaking a twig would give the lowest attack buff, while breaking the Master Sword would give the biggest.
3.) You recover a certain amount of Hearts as you break a weapon.

It could be something else. But from the ones I mentioned, I think #1 and #2 are especially interesting. And that leads me to the Master Sword.

To make it stand out as something special again, aside from giving the biggest attack buff when breaking, I think the reversed would add an interesting option for strategy. Breaking a certain amount of weapons within the allotted timeframe causes a unique power up to the Master Sword alone. Perhaps something like shooting blade beams like it usually does when you have full health (can it do that in this game?), and changing its appearance/color temporarily.

This way you can decide if you want to start the battle with the Master Sword and use it to power up another favorite weapon you have, or sacrifice a number of weapons to power up the Master Sword and have it end the battle.

Option 2 looks like the best one but that would encourage you to break your weapons even more, which is what the game is already doing, so why it needs any changes? It works already fine, I concede you that it would make the durability less fustrating for some people since they get an inmediat reward for breaking them, but it would also need to be balanced again, because you can get enormous amount of power from breaking 14 of your weapons in a row lol I like how you are trying to think on something that gets everyone satisfied but honestly I think with a bit more of resistence on the weapons and starting with more inventory space that would already solved the problem from most of the minority that disliked it. 

Around the Network

Good review
Valid points
Accurate

Take note Jim sterling

I am starting to believe Ninty will patch the weapon system.
Yeah it invites you to try another ones and to strategize each battle but it really is some kind of annoying.

wolflink said:
Good review
Valid points
Accurate

Take note Jim sterling

Yeah it invites you to try another ones and to strategize each battle but it really is some kind of annoying.

Why would they patch it when the vast majority seems to be right with it and the game got the biggest number of perfect scores ever? The whole game is already balanced this way, it would only hurt it if suddlenly weapons don't break, they could tweak it a bit, but that's all and is not gonna happen cause it doesn't need to happen. 

Goodnightmoon said:
wolflink said:
Good review
Valid points
Accurate

Take note Jim sterling

Why would they patch it when the vast majority seems to be right with it and the game got the biggest number of perfect scores ever? The whole game is already balanced this way, it would only hurt it if suddlenly weapons don't break, they could tweak it a bit, but that's all and is not gonna happen cause it doesn't need to happen. 

I think he means make the strong weapons last longer.  I don't think it would hurt, it would only help some people's play experiences and not harm others.  Personally don't see it happening cause Nintendo is pretty conservative with patches for singleplayer games.

Nuvendil said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I think he means make the strong weapons last longer.  I don't think it would hurt, it would only help some people's play experiences and not harm others.  Personally don't see it happening cause Nintendo is pretty conservative with patches for singleplayer games.

I think even a little patch can ultimately change some parts of the game. It'll make stronger weapons more desirable, but also make the game a little easier. It might take out a bit of the survival feel of the game, which I think was brilliantly done. Its a great example of one of the known literature conflicts, man vs. nature. I think they wanted to allow you to grow as a player and allow Link to do more as the game goes on, while maintaining the fact that the world is still dangerous and fearful. I don't know how much durable you'd want the stronger weapons to be, but those are my thoughts.

Nuvendil said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Stronger weapons do last longer

Go and look at a weapon list online. You can see durability rating on each weapon. The weak weapons have like a durability of like 10-15. Some of the more powerful weapons ahve durabilities of like 40. The amiibo weapons and champion weapons are like 60+