By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda | OT | Join the Andromeda Initiative!

starcraft said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=227375&page=1

Updates to the game in the first patch (should go live tomorrow I think?).

I'll add that to the first post!

Unfortunately on my end, been taking a bit of a break from the game. It's just not clicking with my so far, and to make things worse the game just decided to randomly start bugging out on PC. I got it working again thankfully, but its left a bit of a sour taste. I'll probably pick it back up after they release the patch.

Around the Network

I believe the patch hits on Thursday. Not tomorrow.

Liam is a great character imo

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Lol I also don't like Liam. My favorites so far I think are peebee and drack.

Darc Requiem said:
I believe the patch hits on Thursday. Not tomorrow.

Eargh you're right. I briefly forgot that I am Australian.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Mass efffect is my favourite IP last gen and i absolutely agree with reviewers.
I am 43 % and so far its not even close to the quality of other mass effects.
From all the characters only Jaal is interesting and even he is miles away of a garrus, thane or Legion.

Writing is the worse so far in the series.

Sometimes the game can look worse than last gen mass effect games, just how...

Game is the most broken and glitchy game i ever played, you can see this game was rushed was the people who make it was lazy or simply didnt knew better, you see the lack of polish and care when eyeballs clip trow eyelids, when you every asari face is the same, when some human faces look atrocious , etc.

Some things like inventory just 65 and other shit is getting patched but how the fuck can a dev think some of these things are ok in the first place.

The planets are big but most of the time boring as fuck with no distinct parts, you drive and see same shit over and over, i didnt asked quality like Horizon but damn...

Shows it was not the original devs that made this every second you play, Instead of " lets make the best mass effect , lets top the original triology " we got " lets make another mass effect to cash in and fck the quality ".

Its not garbage game, its just ok and mass effect is a 90 plus meta GOTY contender series, needs to be more than ok.

my biggest complaint is the pop up I thought botw was bad but that had the switch's lack of hp to excuse it , and it's not like a few creatures appearing while slowly driving on a dusty track should be that demanding.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

alternine said:
Liam is a great character imo
Wolverine_the_5th said:

Lol I also don't like Liam. My favorites so far I think are peebee and drack.

He's just there though. Which is odd. ME2 had the same issue with Jacob and Vega. They were fine but because they were just there at the start when you had no choice, no recruiting missing and stuff like that, they are just seem like basic characters. Other starting characters had high command roles so they made sense (Miranda, Cora and Ashley, but Ash has backstory so in ME3 it made more sense).

Even if they are complex in reality, to me ones I enlist or convince to join up, or what not, will always be more interesting.

Hmm, pie.

Liam's problem is that he's just a dude. Obviously that's what they were going for with him, and some people will like that, hell I know a few people that do, but to me, that kind of character just isn't compelling. Certainly not in a game like this.

I mean just thinking about it from a purely logical perspective, going into a sci fi universe like Mass Effect with various alien races running around, humans will always automatically be the least interesting thing in it by default. Why? Because they're familiar. No matter how much you dress it up, that's a person, that at least on a surface level, you know you could walk down the street and see any given day. An alien is, at least at first glance if nothing else, more interesting on a surface level, because that's not an every day thing you feel like you have a grasp on.

So what does this mean? Well, it means that you have to work twice as hard making sure that human crew members are compelling. If you want them to measure up to the aliens, then you need to have your best writing team working on those people, because even if the level of writing is equal between them, the aliens win out.

Cora was handled fairly decently in this regard, given the unique history of having served as an Asari huntress. This makes her interesting pretty much right off the bat, because you're like "wow....how does that happen?" You wanna know more about her. Liam...again...is just a dude. Maybe a dude you'd really like in real life. A drinking buddy. But in a universe full of aliens, mystery, and the unknown....who's really looking to get to know the guy who hangs out at your local pub back home?

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
From order the ones i like the most to the ones i dont care:

Jaal > Drack > Peebee > Cora > Liam >>>>>>>>>>>> Vetra

Vetra is the most boring fucking turian they could create. Why bioware hates salarians and turians?

BTW can you romance more than 2 in this game from your squad, i fucked up, at first i wanted to romance pebee but dat Cora ass man. She said "why peebee ? " i was like fuck, now i cant taste dat ass ...

Interesting. My order would be....

Peebee=Drack=Jaal>Cora=Vetra>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Liam

Basically I like them all, except Liam....who I don't hate, but he's just kind of around, I don't really care

Within your squad, you can romance everyone except Drack. You need to be male or female for some of them though

Wait there are people that DONT like Vetra. Honestly like the entire crew for various reasons. Peebee was the one that took the longest for me to warm up too. Liam is like that little brother that means while but keeps getting in over his head. It's endearing...at least it was to me. Vetra is like big sister that's looking out for everyone. Drack is the cool grandpa that you like to visit growing. He's old but you know he can still kick ass. Cora is the tom girl that they wanted Ashley to be, but executed far better. Jaal is just plain awesome.