By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect: Andromeda | OT | Join the Andromeda Initiative!

So far I'm liking Drack and Vetra as squadmates, haven't used much of Jaal but he seems kinda interesting too.

What did people choose to do with the first outpost on Eos? I chose science

Around the Network

I chose science on Eos. 

I used Jaal and PeeBee all through the ice world and their banter is amazing.

Honestly, every hour I spend with this game it just gets better and better. Ryder has gone from being wooden to being empathetic and drawing great reactions from those around him. Having had some time with it I am loving the tempest. There is SO much going on that originally it was overwhelming. Now I have a sense of what sorts of quests and tasks I am and am not interested in, I am just engrossed. No sign yet that I am going to be punished for just ignoring some of the more 'samey' side-quests.

Unless something cataclysmic happens in the latter 30-40% of the game, I just can't comprehend the relatively poor scores. I swear some of these reviewers didnt play past Eos.

Also, has anyone taken down an architect yet? Best boss battle I have had in a game in years.

What difficulty are people playing on? I am playing on hard and am coming up against some very challenging segments.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'm playing on hard as well starcraft, and some missions have been he'll to get through lol. The hardest one so far was taking over the Kett tower at vauld, especially the boss battle. That one took me a bunch of times to beat.

I chose a military outpost on eos, not sure if it makes a difference. And I used Drac and jaal through all of vauld myself, pretty decent. Now I'm using peebee and jaal. Peebee not as good as Drac I think.

starcraft said:

I chose science on Eos. 

Honestly, every hour I spend with this game it just gets better and better. Ryder has gone from being wooden to being empathetic and drawing great reactions from those around him. Having had some time with it I am loving the tempest. There is SO much going on that originally it was overwhelming. Now I have a sense of what sorts of quests and tasks I am and am not interested in, I am just engrossed. No sign yet that I am going to be punished for just ignoring some of the more 'samey' side-quests.

Unless something cataclysmic happens in the latter 30-40% of the game, I just can't comprehend the relatively poor scores. I swear some of these reviewers didnt play past Eos.

Also, has anyone taken down an architect yet? Best boss battle I have had in a game in years.

What difficulty are people playing on? I am playing on hard and am coming up against some very challenging segments.

Science as well. I had Jaal (as the main mission was his race based) and Cora as I wanted to do the Asari Ark mission, and they were talking every time I got in the vehicle... so then I thought, wait, this conversation is dull (Cora seems pretty dull), so I changed to other characters to see what they'd say, just done that so here's hoping.

Ryder is still a dull slate to me, compared to Shepard s/he's pathetic and even my DA:I characters, Ryder doesn't seem to have the same leadership stuff they had.

And yes, I have. Normal, always do on most new games. I completed Mass Effect 3 on the hardest, (DA:I too was easy) but not 2, got stuck on the first Praetorian you fight. Just couldn't beat it.

Also, you guys had that moment when Liam strips off? After the scene he stays stripped... it's weird.

Hmm, pie.

Just finished the game. Logged over 55 hours to get through the end, and still I have things to do! I played on normal and chose military to the outpost.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
Wolverine_the_5th said:
I'm playing on hard as well starcraft, and some missions have been he'll to get through lol. The hardest one so far was taking over the Kett tower at vauld, especially the boss battle. That one took me a bunch of times to beat.

I chose a military outpost on eos, not sure if it makes a difference. And I used Drac and jaal through all of vauld myself, pretty decent. Now I'm using peebee and jaal. Peebee not as good as Drac I think.

I'm going to give Drac a go next, everyone says he's great.

That Kett tower was a struggle. The boss was fine once i had him figured but the sections before him took me so many tries.

Not turning the difficulty down though its great.

I went science. If and when I play through as female Rider I will go military. Don't think its game changing but I have definitely got some science-specific dialogue and side quests.

The Fury said:
starcraft said:

I chose science on Eos. 

Science as well. I had Jaal (as the main mission was his race based) and Cora as I wanted to do the Asari Ark mission, and they were talking every time I got in the vehicle... so then I thought, wait, this conversation is dull (Cora seems pretty dull), so I changed to other characters to see what they'd say, just done that so here's hoping.

Ryder is still a dull slate to me, compared to Shepard s/he's pathetic and even my DA:I characters, Ryder doesn't seem to have the same leadership stuff they had.

And yes, I have. Normal, always do on most new games. I completed Mass Effect 3 on the hardest, (DA:I too was easy) but not 2, got stuck on the first Praetorian you fight. Just couldn't beat it.

Also, you guys had that moment when Liam strips off? After the scene he stays stripped... it's weird.

LOL yes. Liam is straight up the weirdest character.

barneystinson69 said:

Just finished the game. Logged over 55 hours to get through the end, and still I have things to do! I played on normal and chose military to the outpost.

Without getting in to spoilers, what did you think of the game?

starcraft said:

LOL yes. Liam is straight up the weirdest character.

He is because he's just normal. :P

I know it's probably a bug in reality as the character model stays the same after as it just loaded that version of him but it would have been nice that if you spoke to him after (which I did to see), your character could look up and down at him and say "Why do you still not have your shirt on?"

Oh, btw, the lack of a renegade/paragon system is a sad thing in this game. Also, I've had like only 2 quick time events, both pointless. To paraphrase the great Yahtzee when he mentioned them in Uncharted "If you are going to have them, make them part of the main gameplay, don't do them like this."

Hmm, pie.

starcraft said:
barneystinson69 said:

Without getting in to spoilers, what did you think of the game?

Its pretty good. I mean the dialogue is improved over the last game (far less auto-dialogue, and no longer stuck in a renegade paragon morality system, so you're forced to decide what YOU think is best), the side quests are a ton of fun (and add a lot too the universe), and the gameplay is amazing. The main questline itself is alright, but I feel that if you don't do at least some of the sidequests, you're going to miss a lot. Its almost as if the game does force you to do them so as to learn more about the universe you're in, but also come out more successful. So that can be a bit annoying for those who don't care about that, but I enjoyed it. The characters are a bit meh a bit at first, but as you engage with them, you'll grow to like them more. The only issues that I have with the game are technical... but it is a problem. The facial animations are on the meh side (not nearly as bad as most people think), but the big problems for me are issues with loading, and frame rates in certain sections. The game does take a long time to load, and the game tries a lot to mask this with in-engine cutscenes (like when the tempest leaves a planet, or how now you have to actually wait for your ship to reach a destination in the galaxy map), and sometimes when landing on a planet or going into a new area, the area around you may take some a few seconds to load, and it can be weird, though the latter isn't that common. Nonetheless, for 2017 standards, its a bit sucky. The frame rate can also vary depending on the scene. In small too medium combat, or when in exploration, it holds up fine, but when you start to engage with larger groups of enemies, the frame rate will suffer. It isn't unplayable, but it is noticable. So it could definently improved technically, but overall I enjoyed the game. Its probably MY favourite ME game that I've played (I've played all of them).

Edit: I also want to add this in, filler is far less of a problem in this game than in Inquisition, though still a problem. However, most of the filler is left in the "tasks" section of the game, which is in its seperate tracked place. I didn't do any of them, so just wanted to add that in.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).