By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bold Prediction: Splat2 > DQXI (3ds/ps4) Japan! Next Combined: 565k* Left

Splatoon 2 vs DQXI... (choose best option)

Splat2 Will Sell Less PS4+3DS Sku 28 40.00%

Splat2 Will Sell mor than... 17 24.29%

Splat2 Wont outsell neither ps4 or 3ds sku 4 5.71%

Splat2 Will outsell DQXI (all sku combined) 21 30.00%

Total:70

DQ but Splatoon will still sell loads.

Around the Network

Bump, both games come out so close to each other

This won't be close. DQXI 4.5M vs Spla2n 2.5M

DQ11 should win this, 3 platforms vs 1 for Splatoon 2. Paid online will probably hurt Splatoon 2 some as well.

Dragon Quest - 4.8 million (3DS/PS4/Switch)
Splatoon 2 - 4 million

I expect Splatoon to have incredible legs, so that 4 million figure is in a couple years.

Around the Network

Dragon Quest by over 50%

As I said before I'm not sure about Dragon Quest XI, but I'm certain Splatoon 2 will be outselling the original, I'm ready to bet on it selling 5 million +, with 10 million being within easy reach if the Switch can perform as well as or a fraction under 3DS. I'm starting to think a lot of people here underestimate Splatoon's potential as people did with the original. Also Dragon Quest games don't sell as well outside of Japan, while Splatoon sells well across all regions worldwide which just might make up for it's single platform exclusivity. Also are people forgetting how bad the Wii U did? Splatoon's sales potential was severely limited by the Wii U's sales numbers.

Dreamcaster said:
This won't be close. DQXI 4.5M vs Spla2n 2.5M

I think you might be underestimating splat2. It has potential to hit 4mil+. Im going with 5mil for both games. Itll be pretty close imo ;p

Green098 said:

As I said before I'm not sure about Dragon Quest XI, but I'm certain Splatoon 2 will be outselling the original, I'm ready to bet on it selling 5 million +, with 10 million being within easy reach if the Switch can perform as well as or a fraction under 3DS. I'm starting to think a lot of people here underestimate Splatoon's potential as people did with the original. Also Dragon Quest games don't sell as well outside of Japan, while Splatoon sells well across all regions worldwide which just might make up for it's single platform exclusivity. Also are people forgetting how bad the Wii U did? Splatoon's sales potential was severely limited by the Wii U's sales numbers.

Mate, it says 'Japan Battle' in the title XD

I think Splatoon 2 will be one of those games that is viewed as a necessity for Switch owners, but the multiplat release of DQ gives it a pretty darn big advantage.