By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Seal Clubbing is a sick tradition and it must end!

Ps3 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
The OP is hilariously uneducated on the topic. This is what's wrong with the world.

Do a quick google search before you come in here pointing fingers. Just because you support animal cruelty doesn't mean I'm uneducated.

With that comment you proved my point. 

Around the Network

Always remember this guild getting in hot water back in wow over this name.

Good times.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's part of our Canadian identity. I don't agree with it, but it's even permeated into our hip-hop culture, so much so that our second most famous rapper behind Drake has done a song about it. Not the best quality, or the full song, but here's the music video.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Take a bat with a spike in the end and beat a animal to death to have fun is aceptable to some here apparently. After these years nothing people will say in this site will surprise me.

Can't remember anyone saying in this thread that killing animals in the way you are describing is ok. In general people are educating the OP on the matter, seing as the allegations made in this thread are false.

Ps3 said:
OdinHades said:
It's always problematic when someone wants to judge other people from a whole other culture. Yes, people eat seals and it's totally normal for them. There are also parts in the world where people indeed eat cats and dogs. Meanwhile Indian people look with disgust at the west and just can't get their head around why people here eat cows.

We just shouldn't judge about the culture from other places, we have no right to do that.

And same thing with people who eat cats and dogs. They can eat other foods instead. It's weird, sick, and satanic. Well, they're different cause that's for spiritual and religious reasons. If I'm wrong, they love cows, and honor them. We don't honor cats and dogs and seals because they're religious, we honor them because they're part of the family and just as smart if not smarter than most people.

Pigs are way smarter than most dogs. We also have plenty of other stuff to eat. Why is it ok to eat pigs then? Not to mention the horrible conditions we keep these animals in. Too be quite honest, I think getting clubbed to death is a far better fate than living in mass animal husbandry. 

The point is, we are in no position to feel morally superior in this regard.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
Ps3 said:
monocle_layton said:
The only people I believe who eat seals are Inuits. Seals are their major source of food for themselves and their dogs.

I find it weird how you have no problem with eating fish (which are declining in popularity), but God save the few thousand seals who were going to be eaten either way!

Those seals would die somehow. If an inuit doesn't eat them, then they'll be eaten by another animal, starve, or just die from age or something else. That's how nature works.

I'm completely against killing seals for trophy-related reasons (competitive hunting itself is a disgusting industry), but blaming humans and animals for acting the way they're supposed to be is quite strange.

Seals are great targets for inuits. Unlike us, they don't waste thousands of acres of land for them. They also don't:

1. Require thousands of gallons of water for the meat to be cleansed

2. Need to be fed

3. Selectively bred and trapped in a factory

That's rather great. They're taking advantage of the food chain and not harming the Earth significantly. Or would you rather have us waste even MORE space to eat the lowly animals we eat without any issue?

1. Dogs can also eat anything else too. They're experienced hunters.

2. Well fish lay thousands of babies at a time. They're billions upon billions! and they're also not as intelligent as seals.

3. If another animal eats them so be it! But we're humans. We can compromise. We don't need to hunt them just because.

Wow, you're so educated and informed about this topic. Such amazing responses. Blew me away

/s

I don't see why we should ban seals from visiting nightclubs.

Just ask penguins what they think of seals. 

I'm not for the slaughter of animals but if one is using at least the meat and possibly the fur, bones, etc for themselves then I have no issue with it.  You should be more concerned with factory farms and the way we treat the animals that a majority of us eat such as pigs, cows, and chicken.

I agree it's animal cruelty and so are most forms of ritual slaughter. Yes I am looking at you Halal and Kosjer. You can sincerely go fuck yourself. Look up the vids yourself, this should be forbidden by law in any civilised country as does killing seals with a baseball bat. I get we need to kill animals but at leadt do it as painless as possible and respect the animal

What I consider respectful dying for an animal, not a human.

(not a religion no ease the pain an animal has in dying, not like it gives a fuck about your god to begin with).

If your god truly wants that you treat animals like that, he is one vicious basterd.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

sethnintendo said:

Just ask penguins what they think of seals. 

I'm not for the slaughter of animals but if one is using at least the meat and possibly fur, bones, etc for themselves then I have no issue with it.  You should be more concerned with factory farms and the way we treat the animals that we eat such as pigs, cows, and chicken.

It's not the use of the animal or the hunting that I am against. It's the manner of killing that's inhumane most seals don't die on the first impact. They are beaten to dead with a baseball bat. That's even worse than slaughtering an innocent animal by cutting it's troath and leave it to drown in its own blood.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar